Trusted Contributor

Re: Searching for a new perfume -- one that is not so shy and quiet, but also does not scream at you either

I'd say make sure you test it before buying. I've had some raves turn nasty on me, like Tom Ford Black Orchid, Dolce & Gabanna Light Blue, etc. etc. So I always sample them first to see how they work with my chemistry and how long lasting they are. I know many on here recommend Jo Malone but none of her scents last long on me at all. I just sampled two of her new scents last week and they didn't even last on a stroll through the mall! I do love her French Lime Blossom candle though!

My fave scents right now are Hanae Mori Butterfly EDP, Dolce & Gabanna Pour Femme, Carvin Le Perfum EDP, Caudalie Divine, Channel #22 and Prada Infusion d Iris EDT.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Respected Contributor

Re: Searching for a new perfume -- one that is not so shy and quiet, but also does not scream at you either

On 3/18/2015 silkyk said:

If you want to have some fun trying something new (like I was) I purchased

A240719 Penhaligon's 5 piece Fragrance Discovery Set here on Q. LOVE it! Five lovely ""new to me"" fragrances...one nicer than the next! Beautiful packaging too.

I love samplers and really want this set. Thanks for posting. I'm thinking about it....

Valued Contributor

Well, if you like a fruit/floral mix, I've been wearing the new Talbot's eau de parfum. In the nine years I've been at this job, no one's ever commented on my fragrance before, but six or seven people have told me they love this one.

"Behold! We are not bound forever to the circles of the world, and beyond them is more than memory." J.R.R. Tolkien
Valued Contributor

Try Donna Karan's Cashmere Mist. I love it. It's light and not heavy.

Honored Contributor

Jo Malone (love to custom blend various options-get the small bottle kits) , Viva La Juicy by Juicy Couture, Alien by Thierry Mugler (very cool bottle that is refillable!) & Black Orchid by Tom Ford.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

Thank you, so much!

I have so many perfumes, and I'm thinking none of them are really me. Trouble is, I don't know what I'm looking for.

I don't like heavy, really musky perfumes. I don't like overly sweet perfumes. That's about all I know. I don't like hard, heavy hitting things. But I want scents that seems to flow and evoke nature, light, and happiness. Also a scent that definitely has a presence about it, but doesn't clobber you over the head. One that seems the fragrance is part of you.

So, I don't know what I am looking for.

I appreciate all of your replies. I have made notes of some that I want to go and smell!!!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

Try Jo Malone Blackberry and Bay--it's my new fav!

Honored Contributor

From the description of what you are seeking, try Dolce & Gabbana Pour Femme. It's lovely.

I like to spray perfume on my hair; when people hug you, the scent is "true." Sometimes when any perfume is on your skin it "changes."

Let us know what you choose, AngelPuppy1. Smile

Good luck, EEL

Super Contributor

I found one last year called Gin Fizz that I love and it lasts all day. I get compliments all day on the fragrance.

Valued Contributor

Try Bright Crystal By Versace , Nice ,Nice ,Nice,

cathy from ma