Honored Contributor

Searching for a new perfume -- one that is not so shy and quiet, but also does not scream at you either

I seem to have 2 kinds of perfumes in my collection. The ones that are shy and retiring - they smell nice and gentle, but really have no calling card. Then, I have the other ones which you definitely know you're wearing, but they are too strong, a little too much.

I would like a happy medium. One that is yummy smelling, doesn't knock you over the head or over power you, doesn't arrive in the room 15 minutes before you do, but that others might even say - you smell really nice -- what is that?

Any recommendations?

Thanks a lot!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Re: Searching for a new perfume -- one that is not so shy and quiet, but also does not scream at you either

I love the original Tresor by Lancome!

Frequent Contributor

Re: Searching for a new perfume -- one that is not so shy and quiet, but also does not scream at you either

I highly recommend Prada Candy which I love or Michael Germain Sexual sugar. They both smell awesome and are not sickening sweet but very yummy

Respected Contributor

YUMMY? La Vie Est Belle (sp?) by Lancome It's got a sugary element to it. I like Tresor after the dry down. More floral, soft but there.

Respected Contributor

Si by Armani. Gets better as it dries down.
Esteemed Contributor

On 3/18/2015 Q2girl said: Si by Armani. Gets better as it dries down.

I smelled Si last week at Ulta..yes it really smells good. I also love Armani Code for Women...really nice, I get lots of compliments.

Alien by Thierry Mugler is really good too..not quite as "in your face" as his other classic fragrance, Angel.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Regular Contributor

I just got Joan Rivers "Now and Forever" and must say I love it!
The scent of spring flowers, and living in Massachusetts I need that right now! LOL!

It is a great floral, not overpowering. but lingering.

People keep asking me what I am wearing!

LOVE IT!

Trusted Contributor

I always go back to Chanel #5

Honored Contributor

Alien

La Vie Est Belle

Tresor

Jimmy Choo

Sophia by Sophia Vergara

Prada D'Iris

Super Contributor

For this time of year, Jo Malone makes lovele soft scents which pack a punch.