Respected Contributor

Re: Searching for a new perfume -- one that is not so shy and quiet, but also does not scream at you either

I have spent a year looking for something to replace my long- discontinued favorite perfume ( Fendi's Theorema ). Finally found it: Sanderling from France, found it at a Florida perfume boutique. Runs about $40 a bottle. It is smooth, gives no headaches, sneezes, etc and doesn't announce you before you enter the room. Most of the department store " celebrity " scents smell like candy or have a very strange smell. I tested the Sanderling twice before purchasing it -- the changing stages of smell were enjoyable!
We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Super Contributor

Re: Searching for a new perfume -- one that is not so shy and quiet, but also does not scream at you either

On 3/18/2015 evelyner said:

I always go back to Chanel #5

Yes! I've worn this forever and I still get compliments. It's the classic soft, alluring yet clean scent.

Occasional Contributor

HI Angelpuppy1

I like Antonia FLowers for spring and Cashmere Mist , but I found a new fragrance I absolutely love it is Omniscent by YOSH it's got pink pepper, gardenia , Egyptian tuberose ,. Fig among some of it's note . What I like to do when I want to try a new fragrance is go to a site like Luckyscent. You can narrow your search to what notes you want ,and can get samples for a few dollars each . I know from experience buying something I liked on someone or buying something I thought I would like doesn't always work . Good luck in your search

Super Contributor

Yellow Diamond by Versace

Super Contributor

You might like Marc Jacobs Daisy.... Enter the world of Daisy: fresh and feminine, with a playful innocence. The heart of Daisy is floral with vintage edge of violet. Sophisticated, with a touch of whimsy, violet captures the eclectic, timeless flavor of Marc Jacobs' groundbreaking feminine designs. Always elegant, always enchanting—but not too serious—Daisy is a sparkling floral bouquet, spirited and fresh, wrapped in comfort and warmth.
Respected Contributor

I like curve but i think a good perfume that is mild yet draws attention is philosophy living grace

Frequent Contributor

I like Trish McEvoy Number 9 and Jo Malone Nectarine Blossom & Honey. Jo Maone Grapefruit can be nice if applied sparingly. I normally only use the body cream in that line.
Super Contributor

The drydown of Clinique's ""Happy"" hits the medium strength scent mark on me. I apply lightly and it lasts. The same with Ralph Lauren ""Blue"". They are lasting but not heavy and they are pretty universally appealing to a lot of noses so they don't offend.

Contributor

"24,Faubourg" is stunning. It is by Hermes.

Chanel Coco
Honored Contributor

Thank you, one and all! So many of these sound very nice. Wish I could sample each and every one!!!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin