Honored Contributor

Re: *Screams* I can NOT get this frizz under control!!!!!!!! ++

Pony tail with a faux-hair wrap.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor

On 7/3/2014 VaBelle35 said:

I'm in one of the humidity belts and I am finding this year that the Finishing Cream is my friend. I am using this instead of SC.

Do you use this on soaking wet hair instead of the SC or on dry hair?
Esteemed Contributor

On 7/3/2014 expatgal said:

Just remember frizz is searching for moisture.

I would really like to understand, and I don't know if anyone can explain it...when I used Fig, my hair was the frizziest worst! Fig is supposed to be the most moisturizing. If this premise is correct, then I really don't understand why I was battling frizz after using Fig.

Also, when I used any of the flavored cleansing conditioners as a leave-in, that also seemed to exacerbate the frizz problem.

I don't have curly hair, just normal.

Anyway...thanks, expatgal, for your suggestions. All I know is that I don't have frizz problems now. After S&C (well, not just any kind, but still...) I still use Chaz's styling creme as he directs, and I blow dry with his round brush.

Honored Contributor

On 7/3/2014 MandySays said:
On 7/3/2014 VaBelle35 said:

I'm in one of the humidity belts and I am finding this year that the Finishing Cream is my friend. I am using this instead of SC.

Do you use this on soaking wet hair instead of the SC or on dry hair?

I use it on dry hair.

Chaz had said when it debuted not to use it on wet hair (and you know some of us tried it anyway because we're like that), but I like it on dry hair.

And I will say that my second day hair rocks when I use it.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

On 7/3/2014 Harpa said:
On 7/3/2014 expatgal said:

Just remember frizz is searching for moisture.

I would really like to understand, and I don't know if anyone can explain it...when I used Fig, my hair was the frizziest worst! Fig is supposed to be the most moisturizing. If this premise is correct, then I really don't understand why I was battling frizz after using Fig.

Someone posted recently on another thread about Fig and glycerin and humitidy. Let me see if I can find that post.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

WenGirl4206/05/2014 at 10:09 AM

POM vs FIG thread:

It depends what's causing your frizz. I have coarse, dry, curly hair and I have to be careful with the Fig when it's very humid. Fig has a lot of glycerin in it, so I can't use it alone as my leave-in in very humid weather. I either add oil to seal the moisture into (and out of) my hair, or I switch to another conditioner with less glycerin just for the leave-in step.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, VaBelle!

Honored Contributor

THANK YOU LADIES!!!!

To answer a few questions:

1) No towel drying. I use a micro-fiber hair cloth.

2) My hair is 28 inches long (give or take).

3) 8 pumps of the styling cream mixed with 8 sprays of the styling spray.

4) I have a hot iron but my goal this summer is NO HEAT. Yes, a hot iron would do the trick but....

5) I follow the curly girl method and do apply products to soaking wet hair.

The fact that I have wavy to curly hair doesn't help. It looks like c*r*a*p, to be honest. It feels like silk, the color is much richer too. I am debating cutting off 4-6 inches as the lower section of hair looks the worst but the fizzes on top ain't too great : (

No idea about Fig and the glycerin!! I'll have to play around with products, I guess. POM did nothing for my hair, Lavender gave lots of volume but worse frizz.

This shouldn't be so hard: having great hair, you know? *sigh*

Trusted Contributor

That happened to me when I 1st started WEN. I almost gave up but I called the salon #. Turns out I wasn't using even close to the amount I should have been. I was using less than half of the amount. Once I used the right amount it made all the difference in the world !!! This happened to me again after a few months and I thought it was the Fig because I had just started using it. Well my hair had grown so much that I needed more again !!! Now I just always use more than I need to ( according to the bottle recommendations). Why don't you try using more and see what happens and then worry about styling products adjustments. Also like someone said.......leave in and sc on soaking wet hair. Good luck !!

Regular Contributor

I have shoulder length, thick, spiral curly hair. If it's very humid, my hair frizzes. WEN or no WEN. I don't blow dry or flat iron,( takes way too long & it's too hot out to bother! ) I always air dry. I use the styling creme & mousse. This is the hair God Gave me, So I stick with the routine I use on the low humidity days when my hair looks fabulous! I think we are our own worst critics. I may think my hair looks hideous but others may think it looks great because of the curls!