Respected Contributor

Good morning!

I don't know if I've missed any comments so I figured I'd start a thread.

I bought the Sunday Riley Good Genes and really, really like it.  I've noticed an improvement in my skin and am glad I got it.  I probably use it too much (every night) but I have zero irritation or redness.  Glad I got it on A-D.

(Side note:  I bought the Face Fillter product from HSN a few weeks ago.  Tried it three times, didn't see any difference, don't think I need it but was glad I tried it.  It's going back today.)

Any other comments on Sunday Riley's Good Genes?

Super Contributor
My confusion is when to use it and how do I combine it with my Sunday Riley A+retinol and my vitamin C serum. It is a hood product. Right now I’m trying the Peach and Lily comptable product only used it last night. I got it on the Ulta 21 days of beauty.
Honored Contributor

I have never used it. I prefer using a lactic acid product which contains mainly the lactic acid with few other ingredients. I also think the SR product is expensive for what you get...a lactic acid serum which is basically an inexpensive ingredient. Also, there is no mention of the percentage lactic acid used in the SR product which is important to me especially when it comes to using AHAs. 

Honored Contributor

Poor ethics with this brand.  

You can look it up.  The Truth About Sunday Riley Skincare & What No One Will Tell You

Honored Contributor

Tons of much lower priced brands out there containing lactic acid.  The Face Fillter is getting terrible reviews. One of the worst reviewed products I have ever seen. 

Esteemed Contributor

I watched the video "The truth about Sunday Riley." The main reason I won't purchase it is the price. I think that the CEO is greedy and there is no good reason for the products to be that expensive. I feel the same way about a few other companies. 

I don't care if others want to spend $$$$ on skincare; products that cost hundreds aren't in my budget. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

I go by the science and not by their secret-sauce-snake-oil.

Super Contributor

HI @SilleeMee ,

May Iask which LA you use ?

Thank you .

Honored Contributor

@aqua3 wrote:

HI @SilleeMee ,

May Iask which LA you use ?

Thank you .

@aqua3 

I use The Ordinary 10% Lactic Acid.  They also make a 5%. Under $9 for 1-ounce.

How To Use The Ordinary Lactic Acid - A Beauty Edit

Super Contributor

Thank you @SilleeMee .

I'm new to LA so will start with the 5% .

Still have a small amount of Dr.Denese's pads left which I use these M/W/F. Not sure yet if I will repurchase ...