Respected Contributor

Has anyone found a cleanser/makeup remover better than Purity? I use it to remove all makeup including eyes. It seems to have changed a bit, and isn't as effective as it once was. Maybe it is just my imagination, but I know there is a difference from the one 20+ years ago.

Respected Contributor

@On It  I used to use Purity, and liked it a lot. Then, looking to save some $'s, I tried Cetaphil--and never looked back! To me, it worked just as well as Purity.

They do have two formulas. One is a "Gentle" formula--that one did NOT remove my makeup well at all. The other is "Oily to Combination Skin", which is my skin type, and it worked beautifully! I don't double cleanse, or use eye makeup remover, just the Cetaphil. Everything comes off, even mascara! Note: I don't use any waterproof makeup.

Honored Contributor

Hundreds of good cleansers out there, I have yet to use Purity, dont care for all of the oils in my cleanser. 

Respected Contributor

I have used Purity for years but recently felt a need to change over to something else for a bit. I am using Olay's Collagen and Peptide cream cleanser and I must say...I love it!

I really like the way it makes my skin feel...so smooth.

Respected Contributor

I used to use Purity but for the last several years switched to Beekman facial bars.  When I use mascara (seldom) I use Purity to remove it.  And Purity does a great job cleaning makeup brushes.  Cleans and softens them well.  

Esteemed Contributor

@On It  Purity is a good cleanser, but there are many on the market that are as good or better at the prestige level and drugstore brands.  These days I use Elemis Pro Collagen Cleansing Balm at night (fabulous creamy oil that rinses thoroughly).  In the morning I use DHC Face Wash Powder or Elemis Dynamic Resurfacing Facial Wash.  I have a couple of other cleansers hanging around my bathroom that came in gift sets, etc. (including a small bottle of Purity), but the aforementioned are my most used.   

Respected Contributor

I tried several other brands in an attempt to save money and be able to buy it at a store.  Most recently Equate (Walmart brand) that people raved about.  Made me break out.  Went back to purity.  

Valued Contributor
I love elf holy hydration making melting cleansing balm. Effective and inexpensive
Honored Contributor

@On It  Would you consider a double cleanse system?  I prefer it, using a cleansing balm or cleansing oil first, to remove makeup, then following up with an actual cleanser. It works well and my face feels clean without being tight or dry.  Sometimes, I stop after the first step.

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch  - You still using Palmers Cleasing Oil?