Respected Contributor

Re: Rosecea skincare help please

On 11/10/2014 kalinka said: Again, thanks to all of you. The derm also said that stress might be a trigger, since that's the only thing which has become severe in the last few weeks. I was always fine with the other potential triggers, so I blame it on the stress. The doc also said if none of the meds work then IPL should help They said the each treatment is about $100 and I'd probably need 4-5 . So I guess that means that I can't use my algenist retinol anymore. How sad, I really liked it. I will give it some time for the meds to work, hopefully they will. Thanks to all again

That is a very good price. I just paid $200.00 for cheeks, nose and chin. I think you would be wise to stop the retinol for now.

My question to you is this. Is your skin red all the time or does it come and go? If it comes and goes is it just once in a while or daily? Mine started as the cheeks alone and then as it got worse it was my nose and then sometimes my ears or neck. As it progressed it stung also.

Any number of things would trigger the flushing...wine, nervousness, heat, bathing, sun, spicy foods etc.

It is frustrating for sure but there are lots of treatments and info out there.

Trusted Contributor

I have had mild rosacea for many years. My dermatologist gave me a new product called Mirvaso gel and the redness is completely gone. I love it! I also discovered one of my triggers was dairy, so I switched to Almond milk and it made a huge difference.
Regular Contributor

@wonderfulworld It started suddenly from one day to the other. It's red on the top of my nose and just underneath both eyes. It's always in the same area, it hasn't spread. Hopefully it won't. It's dry and kind of flaky and itches a little, but not all the time. If I put my face very close to the mirror I see a few little tiny pustules. All I pit on now is the fiancea cream from the doc and rosehip seed oil.
Regular Contributor

I've heard of hydron before, wasn't that on one of the shopping channels years ago?
Respected Contributor

Hi, my skin is much better. Stress was a trigger and spicy food.also Lima beans- yeah I don't get that one either and I like limas! Lol. I cut out sodas increase my water intake. I use Clinique's foaming cleanser twice a day. THe Body Shops aloe a.m. And p.m. Moisturizer.. I've recently added Borghese Delecato mask once a week. All products are very gentle. It doesn't go away, but it can be controlled. Mine used to be so bad, my cheeks would bleed. The department store makeup counter reps kept tellingme I. Had lupus. I don't, I was tested, but I had huge butterfly red cheeks. Now my skin is peaches n cream complexion, I neverthought that was possible.
New Contributor

My dermatologist recommended Cerave as some others have said, but I found that Cetaphil worked better for me. But...I have also found that making my own products are fantastic, as many store products do have alcohol. You could try raw shea butter or cocoa butter and use sparingly, or The Body Shop also makes a sensitive skincare line, which I use sometimes...I love the Aloe Mask!
Respected Contributor

On 11/10/2014 makeup addict said: Hi, my skin is much better. Stress was a trigger and spicy food.also Lima beans- yeah I don't get that one either and I like limas! Lol. I cut out sodas increase my water intake. I use Clinique's foaming cleanser twice a day. THe Body Shops aloe a.m. And p.m. Moisturizer.. I've recently added Borghese Delecato mask once a week. All products are very gentle. It doesn't go away, but it can be controlled. Mine used to be so bad, my cheeks would bleed. The department store makeup counter reps kept tellingme I. Had lupus. I don't, I was tested, but I had huge butterfly red cheeks. Now my skin is peaches n cream complexion, I neverthought that was possible.

Wow...you lucky girl. I have never heard of Rosacea bleeding...what caused it to bleed, small caps on the surface that got irritated?

I am so glad to hear of your success!