Super Contributor

Ceci, I'm sorry the remoist isn't working for you. Just one thought - if you cleanse your hair at night before you put the Remoist in, you don't have to cleanse in the morning, just rinse. That would eliminate a step and you might see better results from it. It also will work if left in for 30-60 min, although you get better results the longer it's in.

Honored Contributor
On 4/11/2014 Ceci said:

I feel like I wasted money on this product. I like Wen, use it exclusively. But, who has time to wash their hair, put on this product, spend the night, or spend the day leaving it on?? Then you have to wash your hair again.

I don't have such a luxury. I'll use the oils as I have and sleep in it. But at least I don't have to wash my hair first. I'm very annoyed about this product.

Another thing. I've tried it twice and didn't notice any difference from the oils. I would warn anyone on the fence, save your money.

Ceci, I'm sorry the remoist hasn't worked for you.

I have thin/fine hair and so my remoist prep time is only 5-7 minutes at most. I almost always do my remoist on the weekend so that I can keep it in my hair as long as possible.

In the evening, I get in the shower, get my hair wet and then put 2 pumps of CA (from a 16oz bottle) into my hair. I massage it into my scalp for about 2 minutes and then wash it right out. I use the CA because that's the most clarifying formula. My hair "squeaks" so I know that it's clean. -- Then I just add the remoist to my hair and I'm done for the night. The following day I keep it in as long as possible before cleansing my hair.

A I understand it, the remoist is more of a coating for your hair. While some of the oils do penetrate the hair shaft, others just stay on the outside of the hair shaft. So a lot of the ingredients will wash away over the course of a few cleansings (this isn't like the amino acid complex that actually binds to the protein structure of your hair). So that's why it's important to use the remoist on a regular basis (e.g. every 1-2 weeks).

Ceci, since the remoist special was on March 15th, you still have time to return it. I think QVC will charge you about $7 for the return shipping, but you would still get most of your money back since the remoist/comb duo cost about $60 plus shipping.

Best of luck!!

-- bebe Smile

Honored Contributor
On 4/11/2014 Ceci said:

I feel like I wasted money on this product. I like Wen, use it exclusively. But, who has time to wash their hair, put on this product, spend the night, or spend the day leaving it on?? Then you have to wash your hair again.

I don't have such a luxury. I'll use the oils as I have and sleep in it. But at least I don't have to wash my hair first. I'm very annoyed about this product.

Another thing. I've tried it twice and didn't notice any difference from the oils. I would warn anyone on the fence, save your money.

I didn't notice any difference when I used it as directed either. The only time I noticed a difference in my hair with it is when I use it as a leave-in- and so much easier! I just simply cleanse, squeeze excess water out of my hair and then apply about a nickel (I have long hair) size amount to 2/3 the length of my hair and let dry. To me, it is amazing as a leave in and essentially worthless as a deep conditioner. Since I only use that small amount every time I cleanse (once every two or three days) that big tub will last a long time so it is totally worth the cost to me. I don't use anything else in my hair (no SC, CC as a leave in, oils, nothing) when I use the remoist as a leave in.

Esteemed Contributor

I use Remoist as my leave-in. I used it on "dirty" hair this morning, along with Lavender Oil.

I moistened my hair in the shower with wet hands. When I got out of the shower, I used a pea-sized amount of ReMoist with a drop of oil.

I liked the results. My hair was soft and shiny and my curls were defined.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.