Trusted Contributor

Re: Question for Retin-A users.........

@Valstybaby wrote:

@lavendar wrote:

Just curious: why on sagging arms and legs? It doesn't tighten skin.

I do use it mixed with hydroquinone on hands for age spots.

Trying anything I can, not sure if it works. Can't lose since it's so cheap at ADC.

I guess with 9 tubes you can bathe in it;-). Just make sure to use a pea size amount for your face.  

Respected Contributor

Thank you!

Trusted Contributor

@lavendar

I like RetinA micro too, but holy cow yours is expensive.  I buy mine from Tara Skincare and don't pay more than $40 a tube.

Respected Contributor

I have been using it for several years.

I don't think my skin has ever totally acclimated to it.  I'm surprised, because I had pretty strong skin most of my life.

I get itching and flaking in the winter.  I used to use it on my neck and decollette, but had to go to non prescription strength there.  I do use it under my eyes.

I use 0.25% every other day for now.  In summer, I might be able to use 4-5 nights a week, but I haven't pushed it.  In winter, sometimes I go off for a week  or down to 2 times a week.

I have been persistent in using it!

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

@Himi lover wrote:

@lavendar

I like RetinA micro too, but holy cow yours is expensive.  I buy mine from Tara Skincare and don't pay more than $40 a tube.

That looks like a retinol product for this site and not trentinoin or Retin A.  I would like to try the product from ADC at the lowest strength....I did try Paula's Choice 1% retinol product but for months all it did was break me out like crazy.  Her base has castor oil in it...perhaps that is why.  Can't afford the micro prescription one from Costco at 200.00

Honored Contributor

Interesting discussion.  I see my derm every 6 months (for mole check and rosacea).  She has me on Retin A .025%.  I've been on it for  years.  

She wants to work on either shrinking my pores or redness next time. She specifically told me to make my appointment after labor day to start the new process vs starting over the summer because it's harsh.  I wonder if it has to do with people being out and about in the sun in the summer that they recommend doing these treatments in the winter.

My Retin A schedule is every day for 3 weeks and one week off.  I get my eye brows and upper lip waxed, so I need about 8 days off before I go in to keep my skin from coming off with the wax.   8 days is perfect for me. No issues with waxing at all.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

This is the first time I paid for it in the U.S. I used to visit my mother in Buffalo and drive ten miles to the Canadian border with a script I got from a derm in Buffalo. It was ninety dollars then for a large tube.

The patent for micro is off Sept 2016 and I'm curious if the price will go down.

I wanted to continue using what I've been using for the last twenty years. It's a miracle that I don't react to this.

The two derms I see (don't ask) were uneasy about anything different. I did have a coupon for Costco which brought it down to one hundred ninety five dollars.

I think many doctors tell you not to use it in the summer because you do have to be ultra careful. I did get one sunburn on my face when I first started using it. I was sitting outside in a park area that was shady. But I burned quickly before Retina micro.

Now I not only wear sunscreen nonstop but a hat and large sunglasses. But I don't like the sun. If one lives at the beach it really would be difficult.

Trusted Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

@Himi lover wrote:

@lavendar

That looks like a retinol product for this site and not trentinoin or Retin A.  I would like to try the product from ADC at the lowest strength....I did try Paula's Choice 1% retinol product but for months all it did was break me out like crazy.  Her base has castor oil in it...perhaps that is why.  Can't afford the micro prescription one from Costco at 200.00

@tsavorite

No, it says "tretinoin microsphere gel" on my tube.  It is definitely RetinA.  However, I just looked at the site, and I don't know if I'm looking in the right area, but I see the retinol microspheres gel.  Hmmm....I wonder if they don't sell RetinA anymore.

Valued Contributor

@ValstybabyThe next step in retin a up would be .1%.  The lowest is .025%, then .05%, then .1%.  The peeling sometimes sneaks up on you. I personally don't have a problem most of the time, but may have some sensitivity in the winter if I travel frequently to cold climates (I live in FL).   haven't used it, but tazorac forte is supposed to be more potent than .1 retin a. I love ADC, I just bought several tubes of  retino a for my body.  I'm experimenting with it to see if it helps with the seb-k on my legs before I spring for cryo removal at my derm.  At their prices it's worth a shot!

Super Contributor

@Fluke67 wrote:

@ValstybabyThe next step in retin a up would be .1%.  The lowest is .025%, then .05%, then .1%.  The peeling sometimes sneaks up on you. I personally don't have a problem most of the time, but may have some sensitivity in the winter if I travel frequently to cold climates (I live in FL).   haven't used it, but tazorac forte is supposed to be more potent than .1 retin a. I love ADC, I just bought several tubes of  retino a for my body.  I'm experimenting with it to see if it helps with the seb-k on my legs before I spring for cryo removal at my derm.  At their prices it's worth a shot!

Let us know if it helps with the seb K - I don't have much hope- but the cryo removal is brutal