Valued Contributor

I ordered the Purity TSV for the Purity cleanser and I looked at the 3 in 1 bath soap as a bonus.  I received it today, and the Spiced Orange Garland is supposed to smell like clove and orange.  To me it does not smell like either.  To tell you the truth I can't put my finger on what it smells like.  To me it is a different smell, and I was trying to figure it out but I can't.  After smelling it to try to figure it out the fragrance I had a headache.  Never had this reaction to a Philosophy scent.  I will give it away surely I can find someone that likes it and will use it. I am satisfied with the two Purity Made Simple that came with it.  I did get it on auto delivery so I hope the next scent is better!   

Respected Contributor

Well that's unfortunate to hear. I didn't buy the TSV but I was hoping to find the Spiced Orange in one of the stores.

Trusted Contributor

I had the same reaction to the Bath and Shower Gel. It has an odd smell to it and it gave me headache when I used it in the shower this morning. It smells nothing like oranges and just has a slight clove scent. I primarily ordered it for the Purity and thought the shower gel would be a bonus....🙁

Valued Contributor

@grandma petes 

I thought maybe it was just me but you and also my husband had the same reaction as I did.  My husband said "what scent is this supposed to be?"

The next auto delivery scent is Lemon Custard---I'm crossing my fingers!!

@Etoile308 

During the presentation I thought they said the Spiced Orange was only for QVC customers and would not be in stores.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Philosophy TSV

[ Edited ]

Wow. How disappointing and I am sorry @BetsyDoodle  that it gave you a headache!

When this was originally described, it was detailed as "orange and clove scented" and they specifically said it was like one of those old fashioned oranges pierced with multiple cloves like they did for the holidays years ago. That intrigued me and made me think it would be something I would like. 

During a later presentation, and I am pretty sure it was Dara who said this, it was described as having more of an APPLE scent and she also said the (dreaded to me) FLORAL word. That surprised me as it was the first I heard apple or floral. I didn't buy the TSV as I have several 32 ounce bottles of Purity already. But I no longer have FOMO over the shower gel. 

I haven't heard that this will be released as a single. The other new scents, Morning Maple and Sugar Crust are now available in retail in 16 ounce and 8 ounce bottles. I have both and really like both. They are true foodie scents. 

Respected Contributor

@BetsyDoodle, thank you. Now I know not to go out of my way looking.

Trusted Contributor

I didn't purchase it because I don't like purity.  However you mentioned the next delivery is lemon custard.  I have purchased lemon custard many times.  My daughters and I love that scent...And we happen to love lemons.  So maybe that helps alos.  We have some in the shower and also as a hand soap.

Respected Contributor

That's really unfortunate, that was the only thing that interested me in the TSV because I have a healthy stash of Purity already. I won't waste my time looking for that new scent now. I really like their Mandarin Mimosa, which has a nice citrussy smell but was thinking this would be more in line for the cooler months. Where I live in the south, mimosa is highly invasive and the aroma is nonmistakable; it didn't smell anything near anything other than citrus. I'm thinking they may need to get a better mixologist, or whatever you call someone making up scents.

Valued Contributor

I opened the shower gel and it smelled nothing like oranges or cloves.  I have not used it in the shower yet but washed my hands with it and could barely smell it.  I am hoping that it will smell stronger in the shower.

Valued Contributor

@ruthbe   Thanks for the head up about the Lemon Custard!  I'm glad that you like it.  Maybe they can tweak the Spiced Orange scent in the future.