Honored Contributor

Not every woman is a busy Mom or just busy

[ Edited ]

I have lots of time, I am not a busy Mom. I have lots of time to apply makeup. Why do all the vendors talk about what busy people we are? The clothes vendors are the same way... everything is for those busy Mom's or whatever. Just gets old to hear that. More and more of us Baby boomers are now retired or retireing... we are not busy Mom's.

Contributor

Re: Not every woman is a busy Mom or just busy

How nice for you!Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

They're just trying to capture a market. They show models of all ages.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Trusted Contributor

I can't wait until I'm not so busy.  If I hear a lot about busy people when I get to that place, I'll just be so happy I'm not one of those. 

Trusted Contributor

You don't need to be a mom to be busy.  But when you are busy and heading out the door to go to work or whatever other responsibilities you have, it's nice not to need to spend a lot of time fussing with "picky" makeup.  Of that is truly not a concern of yours, than that won't be a factor to you in your purchasing.  You don't need to worry about "one-step" products like BB or CC creams.  

I would argue though that most people I know (even retirees) do indeed feel busy these days, or at minimum, don't want to spend any more time than necessary fussing with their makeup.  

Frequent Contributor

I'm a baby boomer also.  It's a selling point, or so they think.  It is a way of saying, "You do have time for this, so, buy it."  

It is crazy the way they indicate everyone is so important only because people are busy.  

Nah, I will take retirement.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I wish I had the free time you have.  I don't have children, but my job is very time consuming and demanding.  I don't really let it bother me when they talk about busy moms, although it does bother me when people think that women who are single or don't have children have all this free time on their hands.  In addition to my job and church activities, I have so many things to do I am exhausted all the time. Btw I am over 50 and hope to retire at age 60. 

Honored Contributor

@Mrsq2022 wrote:

You don't need to be a mom to be busy.  But when you are busy and heading out the door to go to work or whatever other responsibilities you have, it's nice not to need to spend a lot of time fussing with "picky" makeup.  Of that is truly not a concern of yours, than that won't be a factor to you in your purchasing.  You don't need to worry about "one-step" products like BB or CC creams.  

I would argue though that most people I know (even retirees) do indeed feel busy these days, or at minimum, don't want to spend any more time than necessary fussing with their makeup.  

@Mrsq2022  When I retired, I became free of the need to put on makeup everyday, feel rushed at all. I am enjoying life at a calm  steady pace with no worries or demands. That is what retirement is  or should be about.  I guess some people feel the need to FEEL BUSY.  I prefer to just go with the flow and enjoy the time I have left  smelling the flowers.

I think that the average consumer QVC is talking to is not 30 years old or younger but much older and getting older every day.

Honored Contributor

Most people have a lot going on in their lives. The hosts are focusing their marketing approach on those people. The chatter around a product really is not important. I just look at the item.  

I think it would be very amusing to hear them do a presentation aimed at people who have lots of spare time... lol

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Mrsq2022 wrote:

@Mrsq2022  When I retired, I became free of the need to put on makeup everyday, feel rushed at all. I am enjoying life at a calm  steady pace with no worries or demands. That is what retirement is  or should be about.  I guess some people feel the need to FEEL BUSY.  I prefer to just go with the flow and enjoy the time I have left  smelling the flowers.

I think that the average consumer QVC is talking to is not 30 years old or younger but much older and getting older every day.

So what's the big deal?  If you're not busy then pick and choose what you want and what you don't.  For those who ARE busy, then time is a consideration and products that make the most of the time available are appreciated.  Since you not have the "need" to put on make-up everyday, then why do you even care about the make-up products being presented?

I'm 62, I still have to rush out the door some mornings and appreciate having products that make it easier for me to do just that.  Does being busy make me more important, nope...does it make me happy, yup.