New Contributor

Re: Not every woman is a busy Mom or just busy

I don't comment on many posts but do enjoy reading them and learning from so many of you! This one struck a cord..

I am 57, no children..I am sick of Pat introducing Jackie as "Jack's Mom" or this one's Mom or Mrs. Angela....etc...I am so bored with hearing this almost every time I watch QVC in the morning.

Just say their name...

I agree not everyone is a busy Mom. Some of us do not have children. Some of us are working full time,some are not...I think everyone is "busy" with their own lives doing whatever it is.

I think we are all reacting to busy Mom statement...I know I am!

Regular Contributor

Because SO many of us really ARE busy working moms! I'm a high school teacher and have two children so I appreciate anything that helps me streamline my day! Most of my friends are also busy moms who try as hard as we can to manage our time, spend time with our children, make home cooked meals most nights and manage the demands of work as best we can so the " busy working mom" resonates with me  Heart

Esteemed Contributor

I feel what some are saying: it's like they go on and on how we're all run ragged, making it like we're all sick to exhaustion, so buy this and it will help. What they're selling really isn't going to make anyone much less busy. And those who aren't ragged and exhausted are feeling guilty b/c they're not as busy. I sure am not competing with anyone on who is the busiest. I think it's good if you've got an organized life, and sure don't need a product b/c I'm so busy.

Now, if it's a vacuum or a steam floor cleaner that works as good and faster, I can see the busy line. 

Valued Contributor

Right at this time in my life, I am a busy single mom by choice.  However, my business is filled with joy and doing things I love - my job and raising my child.  Before I was a busy mom, I was a busy single with no children.  The amount of things I am doing hasn't increased with becoming a mom, it's just changed.  I can completely understand feeling tired of hearing "busy mom" as though only moms are busy.  I think a better way to describe something would be "time efficient" or "time saving."  ALL women would appreciate that!  Marital or parenthood status really as nothing to do with it.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

My mother had nine children AND worked outside the home.  Not only did she not have time to watch TV, she did not have time to think of anything but her children and home.

Today, people wear the "So Busy" button as a sign of inportance - as in " I am sooooo busy that I don't have time for (fill in the blank).

A lot of it is choice - and if people remembered what is truly important, they would have time in which to complete or enjoy THOSE activities.