Super Contributor

Re: Looking For Recommendations Re Temporary Cover up of Grey Roots

On 3/15/2015 ladyd733 said:

Fanci ful has a color mousse that is pretty nice for blending. I also like this hair marker product that I found at Ulta and Sally's. It is a liquid with a little applicator sponge and then a little comb to work it through your hair. I save the applicator bottle when it is gone and use Fanci Ful liquid to put on pieces of hair where the color didn't take on my roots.

This sounds nice but I think my 1 inch white growth on brown hair needs a little more. But thanks for the suggestion and I may try if for when, as you wrote, the color didn't quite take.

Super Contributor

On 3/15/2015 sueinsf said:
On 3/13/2015 silkyk said:

The best product for this that I've found is over on HSN and called TRUHAIR by Chelsea Scott. So easy and quick to use and refills available. Works GREAT!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

I like this one too, and I've also tried Joan Rivers, Rita Hazan and others. My hair is auburn and it's really hard to get a good color match from most of these products -- the Truhair is the best match I've found.

Is this the product that is powder but looks like fine hair once applied?

Super Contributor

On 3/16/2015 kcladyz said:

Today I tried redken high shine diamond oil and the high shine actually helped hide the roots. I guess blinded by the ligh tlol

This isn't a color, is it? I don't think I want high shine on the white roots. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Honored Contributor

On 3/16/2015 beanie said:

I just had my hair colored this weekend and my hair stylist recommended: Style Edit/Root Concealer from Amazon. It costs 12.37

Washes out whenever you shampoo. It has good ratings as well...I just checked

beanie

I have this, I think I bought it from Amazon. While it does cover the grey this is a spray, and maybe it's me but I have trouble with it. It doesn't always go where I want it, and the can is small and I think it's expensive for what you get. I do better with a powder or cream coverup.

Super Contributor

On 3/15/2015 sueinsf said:
On 3/13/2015 silkyk said:

The best product for this that I've found is over on HSN and called TRUHAIR by Chelsea Scott. So easy and quick to use and refills available. Works GREAT!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

I like this one too, and I've also tried Joan Rivers, Rita Hazan and others. My hair is auburn and it's really hard to get a good color match from most of these products -- the Truhair is the best match I've found.

I just got the latest TruHair and I don't like it at all. I got one that was maybe an earlier iteration of it and it worked great. This latest one is awful. The color sticks to my scalp more than my hair so it shows up as bright red, not good.

As for the Color Wow and the Touch Back color marker from Sally's, you shouldn't color over those products b/c the color won't penetrate and actually get to the hair. Where you want your color to grab - won't! I color my own hair and I like being able to wake up and decide 'today is the day'...not have to plan ahead and not touch up my roots b/c I may want to color my hair in the next few days.

We need something better!