Honored Contributor

Update - Returned It!

[ Edited ]

I want to give an update on this lipstick.  Although I absolutely loved the color of it, I ended up returning it to Ulta within my 60 day return period for a refund, for two reasons.

The glitter in it caused it to really clump when I applied it to my lips.  I had read that in some reviews of it.  During the time I had the lippie, I did master getting fewer clumps than I got at the beginning but still got them.  This factor alone would not have caused me to return it, because as I just wrote, I really loved the color.  But....

It also really dried out my lips, as I had read too in some of the reviews.   Those two factors "did it in" for me, for having spent $40 on this lippie (with my 20% off the $50 price).   For that money - the most I've ever spent on a lipstick, I had to love it and I didn't.  when I returned it and told Ulta the reasons, the clerk showed me some new Urban Decay all-day liquid lippies, one of which she thought came in a similar color, and went on smoothly and were not drying.  I never did find anything even close to the color of the Let Them Eat Cake (which is quite unique IMO) but did end up buying some other colors of the Urban Decay, which I haven't yet tried.  I can tell though it's much more liquid and moisturizing than this clumpy lipstick was.   

I generlaly love Lipstick Queen lipsticks, but have had more than LTEC which has been drying to my lips.