Frequent Contributor

Re: Large pores & foundation question

I tried 5 sec blur.. It works ...

Super Contributor

I do not put foundation on my cheeks. Only my chin and around the nose. I use Maybelline dream smooth mousse. Then I put Balance n Brighten or in summer a bronzer.

Super Contributor

On 7/6/2014 hello! said:

I have been using Dr. Denese Daily defense and then Halo - works pretty well for my not-so-great skin. I have enlarge pores around nose, cheek, and chin. This combination is my daily go-to.

HOWEVER - I've recently learned a new trick that virtually takes away the look of the pores! (I'm pretty amazed...) I saw an add for a clear pore filler that you apply with a small paddle and then gently scrape off (pushing in pores) - like speckling a wall. The pore filler looked just like the Mally or Skinn clear pore perfecting/plasma fusion (?) finishing "powder" So, I tired it - AMAZING! I had the Mally handy so I've been using this. I take a small amount (with finger or tiny "spoon" I received with some face lotion), spread over area, and trowel off excess. I've found that using this BEFORE the tinted Daily defense or CC cream is best. Apply foundation and "face" as usual. This take a little more time - but the effect is worth it!

I'm going to try that with my Skinn fusion-whatever. Thanks!!/p>

Respected Contributor

The BEST thing I ever did for my skin was to stop wearing foundation........I cleanse with Clinique foaming cleanser (just with my fingers...no Clarasonic needed), use Clinique #1 toner, and a couple of Isomers products (One for face, One for eyes)! When it's time to put on my makeup, I use Shiseido Urban Environment Tinted UV protector SPF 43.....it comes in different tints (I'm fair and use #1), it's oil-free and water resistant. I then do my eye makeup (liner, mascara, brows, lips and then some Bye Bye Pores (IT Cosmestics). I can't tell you how much better my skin looks and feels......I really believe that foundation has been the cause of a lot of the issues I HAD with my skin......no more blackheads, enlarged pores, or oily t-zone. This is my experience, so I'm not saying it's for everyone, but worth considering.

Super Contributor

I have large pores and I thought I was stuck with it forever. Try some BHA products, they really can help to shrink your pores. (I use Paula's Choice and it is the best thing I ever did for my face) -

I actually had good luck with Prime Time by Bare Minerals. Laura Gellers Spackle gets good reviews and so does a product that Mally has.

There are makeup application techniques that can help as well as primers. Look up Wayne Goss videos on YouTube. Here is a link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yD5zX-i0Srk

You might also have better luck with mineral makeup that is more finely milled than BE - Lucy Minerals is great and it is also a great price.