Honored Contributor

Re: Large pores & foundation question

Whatever primer you use, always put a thin coat. I had a friend that kept having problems with primers and she was just using too much.

Honored Contributor

One more thing, make sure your primer dries good before you put on your foundation.

I think I'm done now{#emotions_dlg.scared}

Honored Contributor

Everyone has given you great suggestions. I should of read all the posts first.

Super Contributor

On 7/4/2014 Sister Golden Hair said:

Everyone has given you great suggestions. I should of read all the posts first.

Nah, SGH! An OP doesn't "get it" until she hears it 2 or 3 times. Wink

Honored Contributor

Irishrose136, most of the time I read all the posts before I put in my two cents (that's what its worth {#emotions_dlg.lol}).

I did think of one other thing for the OP, is your skin dry, oily or normal?

Honored Contributor

try Paula's Choice Aha or BHA exfoliators. that really helps with the pores. exfoliators in general really, the Serious Skincare glycolic Gomage was good for pores as well. cosmetically I like the Nyx Pore filler primer. I just received RCMA no color powder. its a finishing / setting powder that you put on over your makeup. I don't wear foundation but I like it for the matte finish and the fact that my pores disappear. sunscreen always leaves me shiny and greasy looking so I need something.
Frequent Contributor

Thank you ladies for all the help !!

Frequent Contributor

I have been using Dr. Denese Daily defense and then Halo - works pretty well for my not-so-great skin. I have enlarge pores around nose, cheek, and chin. This combination is my daily go-to.

HOWEVER - I've recently learned a new trick that virtually takes away the look of the pores! (I'm pretty amazed...) I saw an add for a clear pore filler that you apply with a small paddle and then gently scrape off (pushing in pores) - like speckling a wall. The pore filler looked just like the Mally or Skinn clear pore perfecting/plasma fusion (?) finishing "powder" So, I tired it - AMAZING! I had the Mally handy so I've been using this. I take a small amount (with finger or tiny "spoon" I received with some face lotion), spread over area, and trowel off excess. I've found that using this BEFORE the tinted Daily defense or CC cream is best. Apply foundation and "face" as usual. This take a little more time - but the effect is worth it!

Trusted Contributor

Hourglass immaculate primer, hands down! It IS expensive ($47.00), you CAN by a smaller size ($17.00, I think) but it is THE BEST. Silicone-free, waterproof to boot and has an SPF 15 (maybe higher). I don't care for their foundations, but I LOVE this. I am pretty darn oily and this keeps makeup on and breakthrough shine at bey. This is one of those "it may be pricey, but worth it - you get what you pay for."

Frequent Contributor

Thank you ladies !!!!