Honored Contributor

Re: Kylie Cosmetics sells controlling interest to Coty

It's nice to see women celebrating women.  Kylie deserves her success.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Re: Kylie Cosmetics sells controlling interest to Coty

@Dusty1 wrote:

@RealtyGal2  I do not have any problem with someone doing well & making money. I also do not have a problem with the Kardashian/Jenner family doing well if people want to watch them or emulate them.

Kim Kardashian definitely had something & Kris Jenner helped her turn that into a career that has then benefitted the entire family. Except for Rob & his line of socks.

BUT. Please, do not insult my intelligence by telling me that they do anything "by themselves".

At this point in their careers they have teams of people to do everything. Hair, makeup, clothing, take all of the "selfies" that they post from across a room.

They pay for nothing, because they are worth more to a company by being seen in their cars, clothes, restaraunts, clubs, than they would be if they paid retail.

So that is a good job done by their management team. Whom I suppose that they do pay, so it's sort of like paying for stuff.

But, as far as starting a company & turning it into the gold mine that Kylie makeup supposedly is....No, I do not belive that Kylie Jenner really had much to do with it & I feel like the people that work for them must have tons of Kylie makeup in their closests. I love makeup. I read & talk about makeup on boards. I truly don't know that many people that have ever bought a Kylie product.

I’m the OP and I agree with you. It’s Forbes that has called Kylie a self-made billionaire.Its not right to speak for Forbes but I think they mean self-made as opposed to inherited or married into the money.