Esteemed Contributor

Re: Joico K-PAK any thoughts?

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

Thanks HappyDaze, I missed that. 

@Irshgrl31201  you are welcome. I also posted the info from their site on my post back to you as I know some don't like clicking on links. Smiley Happy

I wonder that that means, when required by law. It seems it is so difficult to find out this info and I admit, I knew little about it and who to trust and reading here has certainly enlightened me to some things I was ignorant to. Thanks for the info. WIth makeup and skincare, I pretty much use the same products with very little variation. I have found what works for me and I don't experiment as much as I did in my 20s and 30s and I do know the skincare and makeup I use day to day is cruelty free however even though I worked as a colorist for years, I am not as up on that as I should be. Thanks for taking the time to answer me! I appreciate it!

@Irshgrl31201 you are welcome. Smiley Happy Well, the only country I know who semi-requires animal testing to prove safety (stupid, btw for many reasons) is China. HOWEVER, I say "semi requires" because there are ways that companies can prove safety without animal testing but it is a bit more costly to do and most do not opt for that route. I am assuming this is what Joico is referring to but it is a bit deceptive since they CAN choose an alternative route to prove safety, but they choose not to probably since it is, sadly, simply cheaper to test on animals. Isomers is one of the few companies that has shown safety of their products to China via non-animal testing routes. Kudos to them! With how fast things change in the beauty industry- from sales and acquistions of companies by larger parent companies to the testing standards and requirements- it is difficult to keep up on who is truly cruelty free and who is not. Plus with the internet, there is soooo much misinformation out there. Smiley Happy

It really is difficult to keep up! Thanks again!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

I've never used the shampoo and conditioner, but back in the day, the Joico Protein treatment was "it" and used by all top salons. I've actually not used it in a long time, but will try to pick up some. It sounds like it's still a great product. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@Irshgrl31201  you are welcome. I also posted the info from their site on my post back to you as I know some don't like clicking on links. Smiley Happy

I wonder that that means, when required by law. It seems it is so difficult to find out this info and I admit, I knew little about it and who to trust and reading here has certainly enlightened me to some things I was ignorant to. Thanks for the info. WIth makeup and skincare, I pretty much use the same products with very little variation. I have found what works for me and I don't experiment as much as I did in my 20s and 30s and I do know the skincare and makeup I use day to day is cruelty free however even though I worked as a colorist for years, I am not as up on that as I should be. Thanks for taking the time to answer me! I appreciate it!

From what I was told some countries require it before selling a product in their country. I think China is one of them I can be wrong since I do not remember the source.   Also I hear the same thing about Loreal but their website has the same statment that they do not test on animals  unless required by law.

Honored Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 you are welcome. Smiley Happy Well, the only country I know who semi-requires animal testing to prove safety (stupid, btw for many reasons) is China. HOWEVER, I say "semi requires" because there are ways that companies can prove safety without animal testing but it is a bit more costly to do and most do not opt for that route. I am assuming this is what Joico is referring to but it is a bit deceptive since they CAN choose an alternative route to prove safety, but they choose not to probably since it is, sadly, simply cheaper to test on animals. Isomers is one of the few companies that has shown safety of their products to China via non-animal testing routes. Kudos to them! With how fast things change in the beauty industry- from sales and acquistions of companies by larger parent companies to the testing standards and requirements- it is difficult to keep up on who is truly cruelty free and who is not. Plus with the internet, there is soooo much misinformation out there. Smiley Happy

It really is difficult to keep up! Thanks again!

you are welcome! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Small list of cruelity free  shampoos at the drugstore.  I am sure there are others

http://www.peta.org/living/beauty/best-cruelty-free-drugstore-shampoos-conditioners/

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kcladyz wrote:

Small list of cruelity free  shampoos at the drugstore.  I am sure there are others

http://www.peta.org/living/beauty/best-cruelty-free-drugstore-shampoos-conditioners/

But for those of you who also avoid products owned by parent companies that still test, then most of these listed aren't truly cruelty free. Why do they even have L'oreal on there when they clearl still test? 

"L’Oréal EverPure Moisture Shampoo
Note: L’Oréal is not a cruelty-free company, but the EverPure line is vegan and cruelty-free."

Come on Peta, don't sell out. If they are owned by L'oreal you cannot single out one line they own and claim that line is cruelty free. Ridiculous.

See @Irshgrl31201 this is why it is almost impossible to go cruelty free- even Peta is talking out of both sides of their mouth! Very disappointing.

Esteemed Contributor

@Reba055 wrote:

I've never used the shampoo and conditioner, but back in the day, the Joico Protein treatment was "it" and used by all top salons. I've actually not used it in a long time, but will try to pick up some. It sounds like it's still a great product. 

Yes! When I was a colorist this was really great especially for people who did high lift blondes. That can cause so much breakage and I tried a lot of different products and protein treatments to keep the hair in the best shape I could for those that insist on coloring despite the damage it does. IMO, at the time it was one of the best products on the market and it is still pretty great but Opalex is the new be all end all for really damaged hair and those going from a very dark hair color to high lift or platinum blondes. That stuff it pretty amazing. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK