Respected Contributor

Joico K-PAK any thoughts?

[ Edited ]

Shampoo and conditioner  is on sale for $11.99  in a gift set.  Is it better than the Color Endure ( did not like it much)?  Also does it strengthen hair?  I am thinking about giving it a try since its so cheap ( beauty brands store) also the store told me they are having a Liter sale  from 12/26-01/16.

Respected Contributor

Re: Joico K-PAK any thoughts?

OMG another Liter sale! I do know that the K-Pak is supposed to be good for strengthening hair, especially damaged hair. They my a K-Pak for use prior to color hair that is damaged. I read about it here, but can't remember when. I would look at it, but I'm still using my Hempz from the summer Liter sale, and LOVING THEM!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tigriss wrote:
OMG another Liter sale! I do know that the K-Pak is supposed to be good for strengthening hair, especially damaged hair. They my a K-Pak for use prior to color hair that is damaged. I read about it here, but can't remember when. I would look at it, but I'm still using my Hempz from the summer Liter sale, and LOVING THEM!

Yes I was at beautybrands today and they told me  the liter sale starts the day after christmas !!  They are having gift sets on sale now.  Full size  shampoo/conditioners. The Joico was 11.99 and Matrix repairinside 14.99  and they re full size items ( 10oz each I think)

Hempz is good but you can never have too much shampoo lol

They had the $40  hempz oil  on sale for $5  but its sold out now. i did score myself one.

Honored Contributor

I wasn't very impressed with the shampoo and conditioner. The Reconstructor is a great protein treatment product to use once a week, a few times a month, or before and after a color.

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

I wasn't very impressed with the shampoo and conditioner. The Reconstructor is a great protein treatment product to use once a week, a few times a month, or before and after a color.

Ita

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

I love the Joico KPAK treatment, but  the shampoo is okay, IMO.  Not my favorite shampoo, but I have weird frizzy, curly hair.

I do have to say for me it is the conditioner that matters to me.  Shampoo no matter what I use, still leaves my hair damaged.  I swear by Alterna Caviar mask, and Joico KPak.  I use them both, as KPak has more protein and the mask is a great hydrate.

Respected Contributor

I tried the kpak today ands it is a good product. Hell of a lot better than matrix repairinside. The kpak smells like pineapples but not heavy.  I noticed nothing spatacular with performance but it seems to be gentle 

Honored Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 turned me on to the JoicoK-PAX Revitaluxe Treatment in this forum a few years back. 

I have extremely porous, baby fine hair that requires a lot of attention.

I've been using Wen cleansing conditioners (and their styling products) for the past 5-6 years. -- I mainly use the Wen cleansing conditioners which have Chaz's 11 amino acid complex in them, and some of them also have bamboo water which also strengthens my hair. 

Wen has given me the very best hair I have ever had but, since I lost the genetic hair lottery, I'm always looking for something to add just a little bit extra. 

Because of all the horror stories I've heard about protein treatments, I've stayed away from protein products because I just don't know enough about the subject. A few years back, there was a discussion in this forum about this subject.

Mainly because of what @Irshgrl31201 shared, I decided to try the Joico K-PAX Revitaluxe Treatment and I've been pretty impressed with it. -- I do a 3-5 minute treatment every about every 4 months and it does just enough to give my hair a bit more strength without damaging it. 

One time I left it on for about 10 minutes which was not a good decision (and is above the MAX that Joico recommends). I wouldn't say that my hair felt like straw, but it was unnaturally stiffer and it took about 4-6 months to get back to my normal. 

Since then, I've been more respectful of the product directions and I'm very happy with my results. 

___

Other than that, I use specific Wen Cleansing Cleansing Conditioners -- which have the 11 amino acid complex in them -- to help boost my hair's protein factor. These particular Wen Cleansing Conditioners include:

* 613 -- soy-based -- most concentrated amino acid formula

* Restoratives (which also have bamboo water in them) -- rice-based -- Bamboo Green Tea, Mandarin Italian Fig, and the new Fragrance Free cleansing conditioner

* Seasonals -- soy-based -- all twelve Seasonal cleansing conditioners

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

Ita

Yep, me, too.  That product is great.

Esteemed Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 turned me on to the JoicoK-PAX Revitaluxe Treatment in this forum a few years back. 

I've been using Wen cleansing conditioners (and their styling products) for the past 5-6 years. -- I mainly use the Wen cleansing conditioners which have Chaz's 11 amino acid complex in them, and some of them also have bamboo water which also strengthens my hair. 

Wen has given me the very best hair I have ever had but, since I lost the genetic hair lottery, I'm always looking for something to add just a little bit extra. 

Because of all the horror stories I've heard about protein treatments, I've stayed away from protein products because I just don't know enough about the subject. A few years back, there was a discussion in this forum about this subject.

Mainly because of what @Irshgrl31201 shared, I decided to try the Joico K-PAX Revitaluxe Treatment and I've been pretty impressed with it. -- I do a 3-5 minute treatment every about every 4 months and it does just enough to give my hair a bit more strength without damaging it. 

One time I left it on for about 10 minutes which was not a good decision (and is above the MAX that Joico recommends). I wouldn't say that my hair felt like straw, but it was unnaturally stiffer and it took about 4-6 months to get back to my normal. 

Since then, I've been more respectful of the product directions and I'm very happy with my results. 

___

Other than that, I use specific Wen Cleansing Cleansing Conditioners -- which have the 11 amino acid complex in them -- to help boost my hair's protein factor. These particular Wen Cleansing Conditioners include:

* Restoratives (which also have bamboo water in them) -- rice-based -- Bamboo Green Tea, Mandarin Italian Fig, and the new Fragrance Free cleansing conditioner

-- bebe Smiley Happy

@bebe777 wrote:

___

-- bebe Smiley Happy

So glad that Kpak worked for you! Yes, you do have to be careful with protein treatment and oversuse. All of that protein packs into the cuticle of the hair and if there is too much, it can definitely make the hair feel hay like. Best to underdo it than overdo it!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK