Honored Contributor

Re: It Cosmetics CC Cream ... Anyone Allergic?

@ItsME wrote:

Thanks for all the replies and discussion!  With the long list of ingredients in most products, it's very hard to narrow it down.  I try to go with the more natural ones when trying something new.  

It's not the zinc-oxide for me.  I use that in a larger concentration in my beloved ELTA MD physical suncreen!

Oddly, Elta MD's sunscreen (some of them) is one of the few exceptions to the higher zince irritating my skin! I've used the higher amount ones in their sunscreens and it has never bothered me. They make some great sunscreens. But I think the one I used and loved the most was the Pure which only has 10% Zinc. I used to use Elta all the time but their prices kept going up and up so I changed over the years. I think I will revisit it again after I finish up my Paula's Choice hydralight SPF since they changed the formula now.

Respected Contributor

The only IT product I have an issue with is the No. 50 Serum. Too much odd stuff in it, makes me red and I break out. A very strong scent as well.

I am fine with the CC Cream.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Valued Contributor

Spoiler

Spoiler

Thank you for this information! I have a red rash on both my cheeks and I never connected it to my IT. I think I'll go back to my Lancome and see what happens. I really like the IT, but now I am wondering if its causing the redness and rash.

Regular Contributor

IT CC Cream irritates my skin if I use it alone (it stings), but it's ok if I mix it with another CC cream. My skin is real sensitive and I bet it's probably all the citrus in it, but it's really so hard to know exactly which ingredient is doing the irritating!

Respected Contributor

@River Song  That's an interesting thought... the snail slime.  I do have a lot of allergies. While I don't eat snails, I do eat some seafood.  However, if I eat it two or three days in a row (when vacationing near the coast where seafood is a specialty of the region), I will break out in hives.  And you're right about those other ingredients too.... way too much for sensitive skin!  Thank you!

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze  I hate that Elta keeps raising the prices!  I always wait for Lovelyskin to have a sale!  I've never tried the 100% Pure.  MIght have to give it a try.

Respected Contributor

@65and fabulous  I'm so glad if this helps you figure out the puzzle.  Please let us know if the rash clears up.

Respected Contributor

@Violet Fields ..... This is the only CC cream I have! LOL  Seriously, though, I'm glad you found a way to make it work for you.  For me, I'll send it back.  

Honored Contributor

@ItsME wrote:

@HappyDaze  I hate that Elta keeps raising the prices!  I always wait for Lovelyskin to have a sale!  I've never tried the 100% Pure.  MIght have to give it a try.

@ItsME back when I first was using it it was only like $15 I think without a sale and through my derm. Now it is up to $23! sheesh.

Esteemed Contributor

I tried the IT CC Cream when it first came out.  Yup, I broke out and had a huge rosacea flare-up.  I returned it.  Don't know which ingredient caused my problem, but I won't use it again.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt