Respected Contributor

Re: It Cosmetics CC Cream ... Anyone Allergic?

[ Edited ]

@HappyDaze wrote:

@ItsME wrote:

@HappyDaze  I hate that Elta keeps raising the prices!  I always wait for Lovelyskin to have a sale!  I've never tried the 100% Pure.  MIght have to give it a try.

@ItsME back when I first was using it it was only like $15 I think without a sale and through my derm. Now it is up to $23! sheesh.

@HappyDaze .... they got us all hooked and are reaping the rewards!  LOL  I agree it's a lot of money, and the price keeps going up and up and up.  The good thing is that it lasts quite a while.  If the product wasn't so great, I wouldn't keep buying it.  BUT.... if the price didn't keep going up, I wouldn't keep looking for replacements!

Respected Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

I tried the IT CC Cream when it first came out.  Yup, I broke out and had a huge rosacea flare-up.  I returned it.  Don't know which ingredient caused my problem, but I won't use it again.

@tototwo, I'm sorry that that happened to you.  Mine is going back.

Honored Contributor

IT Rocks !! Thankfully! No issues. *smiles*
Respected Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity, I'm so happy it works for you!  Enjoy it.

Valued Contributor

I did tried it a while back because it looked wonderful on a friend. Unfortunately, I am also allergic to it.  Not a crazy rash, but made break out and turned orange on me.  Not a good look.  

Formally NewtoWen
Trusted Contributor

@Violet Fields wrote:

IT CC Cream irritates my skin if I use it alone (it stings), but it's ok if I mix it with another CC cream. My skin is real sensitive and I bet it's probably all the citrus in it, but it's really so hard to know exactly which ingredient is doing the irritating!

When I use it alone, it makes my skin sting/tingle too.  If I mix it with something else, I'm fine.  Wish I knew what it is that is causing this reaction.  Glad I found this thread.  I thought I was the only one.  BareMinerals original also makes me feel this way.  Does anyone know what the common ingredient would be? 

Valued Contributor

I love the CC cream but sadly I can't wear it.  It causes major break outs or red splotches when I wear it.   I can wear the Celebraton powder foundation.  Different strokes for different folks I guess.

I had posted this reply on another thread but it fits here as well.

Contributor

I've been using It CC foundation for 2 days and tonight I noticed my face is swollen and I'm developing many knots under the skin...I just took some Benadryl, Zyrtec and Zantac hoping to wake up normal tomorrow! I had to look in the archives to see if anyone else had this problem.

Respected Contributor

@Sugar Bunny wrote:

I've been using It CC foundation for 2 days and tonight I noticed my face is swollen and I'm developing many knots under the skin...I just took some Benadryl, Zyrtec and Zantac hoping to wake up normal tomorrow! I had to look in the archives to see if anyone else had this problem.

@Sugar Bunny ... I'm so sorry that happened to you.  Fortunately, I only got a rash from it.  I did have a swollen and hurting face from the Paula's Choice special a couple of months ago.  Boy, I hate being so sensitive!  

I hope you feel better soon!

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

For the past two months, I've been using the IT Cosmetics CC Cream (QVC Item # A231985) and so far, so good - and my skin is also on the sensitive side.  I take it that this is the product you are referring to, unless you are also referring to the IT Cosmetics CC Cream Illumination (QVC Item # A337295).  According to the reviews I've seen on the Illumination version, it appears that it would be too shiny for my face.  But I'm very happy with the regular version right now - I also use the Bye Bye Undereye, then set everything with the brightening powder from the CC Radiance Palette (great product).