Valued Contributor

Re: I got the Calista AirGlide Multi-Tasking Cool Breeze Styler

I could not for the life of me get the plates to open on mine!

Trusted Contributor

Mine finally came today!   So far I really like it.   It heats up really quickly,  I like that it doesn't burn my hands while I am using it.   I made some pretty waves today.  I am still learning and figuring out the cooling button.  Because while my hair is wrapped in it I have to press the cooling button and keep forgetting but I will get it down.  For those who said the curl doesn't last you have to put something in it like hair spray or something,  none of my styles would last without some kind of hair product to hold it.   And its I love the color,  it looks like a sunset very pretty.

I am going to watch some videos to learn more.   Hope everyone likes theirs too.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

SO HAPPY YOU GOT IT AND LOVE IT NADA54!!!!!

YOU SASSY GIRL!!!

Respected Contributor

I have had mine about 4 or 5 days and it is not a miracle worker but have gotten several different looks.  Today I had some fluffy curls or waves but as soon as I go outside it falls right out.  I was hoping the air blower part would help it hold curl.  It is flatter when the style falls out than when I just blow dry it.   So it works okay but not much use to me since my hair won't hold the style.  May just return. 

Esteemed Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

I have had mine about 4 or 5 days and it is not a miracle worker but have gotten several different looks.  Today I had some fluffy curls or waves but as soon as I go outside it falls right out.  I was hoping the air blower part would help it hold curl.  It is flatter when the style falls out than when I just blow dry it.   So it works okay but not much use to me since my hair won't hold the style.  May just return. 

That's the reason I didn't buy it. I was afraid that once it created a straighter/wavy look.....and it went flat, that my hair would look like the hair on the end of a corn cob. 

Respected Contributor

@Wsmom I have a few of the L'Ange products.  One thing that bugs me is that their hair products (serums, etc.) don't indicate if they're sulfate-free or not.  I've asked online, and people say they are sulfate-free.  I think the bottles need to be accurate and clearly say so, if they are or aren't.  For me, it's a big deal since I have a straightening treatment.  Also, I have the LeDuo.  It's just okay.  Calista isn't the first to produce this similar product.  Her products, in my opinion, always need to be tweaked.  Whatever she comes out with, wait a bit and maybe buy the second or third version of it.

Esteemed Contributor

@BarbiHollywood , when you are on their site and find a product you are interested in click on it and in the description at the bottom it states "Free of":  and then lists the items it is free of.  All of the products I use state free of sulfates.  I have never used their shampoo or conditioner so no idea how they are.  I just use their styling products and have found them to be very helpful to give me volume and hold.  Their sales are fantastic and that is when I load up on things and try new ones.

Respected Contributor

@Wsmom   I never even thought of going to their website, thanks.  I'll take a look today.  I had to Unfollow (or whatever the term is) L'ange because their ads were unending.  So many L'ange vendors were popping up and it started to feel annoying.  I have one of their primer sprays and a few other products, one is a Polish which, at first, was really good, but then it felt like I was putting wax on my hair.  I was starting to wonder if it was a pyramid scheme!!  Who can sell the most, wins!!  LOL!  The how-to videos are good, though.  Off to the L'ange site..............    Enjoy your day!  :-))

Esteemed Contributor

@BarbiHollywood I know...any of that stuff you click on one thing and next thing you know your feed is slammed with all the influencers' videos.  There is one gal who has similar hair to mine so I keep her active and all the others I hide their posts.

Contributor

@BarbiHollywood wrote:

@Wsmom I have a few of the L'Ange products.  One thing that bugs me is that their hair products (serums, etc.) don't indicate if they're sulfate-free or not.  I've asked online, and people say they are sulfate-free.  I think the bottles need to be accurate and clearly say so, if they are or aren't.  For me, it's a big deal since I have a straightening treatment.  Also, I have the LeDuo.  It's just okay.  Calista isn't the first to produce this similar product.  Her products, in my opinion, always need to be tweaked.  Whatever she comes out with, wait a bit and maybe buy the second or third version of it.

I've never bought a Calista product as they all seem to be knockoffs of something I already have or have seen. I've had my LeDuo for almost 2 years. I like it because it seems to be much gentler on my hair than my old curling iron.