Trusted Contributor

Re: I contacted PHILOSOPHY over lack of scent in products

I love how it's subtle and not strong.  I often cannot smell the fragrance on myself, but I've gotten several compliments. 

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

And I'm afraid that's all the answer you're going to get now.  I'm sure they figure that, if the EDT doesn't work for you, the EDP will.  And they're missing the point entirely.

Coty is just not the same company as philosophy was.

I noticed years ago that none of the products had a lasting fragrance. After emails and calls and letters to the company, I kept receiving the same form letter replies. I figured if Philosophy didn't care about its customers, I was moving on. I did & never looked back. 

Respected Contributor

Not everyone can handle the heavy scents that last forever.  Many of us prefer a light, barely there scent.  The only ones who notice are the ones who you want to be really close to.  Hate going out and smelling someone before they get to me.  There are way too many people who have allergies, asthma, etc to inflict scent on them.  If I'm in my home I can use as much as I like.

Respected Contributor

Philosophy weak scents were their push for easy, soft to wear fragrances. In my opinion, scent was non existent. Amazing Grace would be nice if it had any lasting, stronger scent. That was the only one I purchased years ago when Christina owned the company, and it was weak back then, but pretty. I don't buy toilette because it's a cheap version of perfume, and has no stay. I currently own Chanel L Eau #5, a beautiful fragrance made in toilette only, that sadly disappears within an hour...sold at a hefty price$$$. Never again will I buy toilette. Philosophy fragrances should be considered drug store equivalent. Your probably better off at Bath and Body.
Honored Contributor

Coty when I was a teen, had scents that weren't overwhelming and probably geared for those who wanted some scent on them, but not to overpower a room. Reading all these Philosophy threads here, makes me think -- all their scents are 'the flavor of the season' and nothing memorable or encouraging the consumer to buy more. JMO

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Many of the 3-in-1 scents are not made to last on your body.  They say that all the time.  They are a sensory experience in the bath and shower only.  I mean who really wants to walk around smelling like a margarita all day or a cinnamon bun?

But the 3-in-1s that match the fragrances are supposed to have more scent to them.  However, I've never found that to be the case.  The last time I bought an actual fragrance set from QVC was a few years ago when they had a TSV set.  Everything smelled fine in the bottles but once sprayed, nothing lasted at all. 

I rec'd a fresh cream shower gel in a sample kit and I detested the smell of it.  It had plenty of scent for showering and to me it smelled like burned milk.  However, I went into Sephora and for the heck of it smelled the fragrance spray and lotion and loved them.  I put some on to see how it would smell on my after dry down and it got even better and it really lasted on me.

I wonder if the Q products are the problem?    

LIPSTICK DIVA....the 3 products should leave a scent. The spritz alone should leave a scent. I have NO idea what you are talking about,,,and as for 'only an experience in the tub"...no, the reps and hosts ALWAYS talk about how people will say how good you smell.

Like many Q products,,,,hype, not reality.

Respected Contributor

@ruthbe wrote:

I have a few scents in their body creme and I like them much better.  They seem to give some moisture to my body and I like the scent.  Plus the scent seems to stay for me.  Example, I put some on yesterday morning and last evening my daughter commented how nice I smelled. 

Maybe give them a try.

I have...nothing lasts

Honored Contributor

With so many work places discouraging scented products, there may be a reason for their subdued scents.

Respected Contributor

@Knit-Chick wrote:

I love how it's subtle and not strong.  I often cannot smell the fragrance on myself, but I've gotten several compliments. 

I agree. I dislike strong "old fashioned" scents. I've had many compliments when I wear philosophy fragrance. Many times when I could no longer smell it myself

Respected Contributor

I did buy the Eau de Parfum and it did not last either.  I used to spray on my blouse or tee and it would smell so good in the laundry basket till I washed it.  Now I can spray on my shirt and when I take it off there is no smell hardly left.   They have changed.