Respected Contributor

I contacted PHILOSOPHY over lack of scent in products

I went to Mary Lynn's page on FB and asked why there was no scent that lingered after using the 3 'layering' products. I also mentioned many other people had the same problem.

She replied and  suggested I buy the eau de parfum! 

REALLY??

Honored Contributor

Re: I contacted PHILOSOPHY over lack of scent in products

And I'm afraid that's all the answer you're going to get now.  I'm sure they figure that, if the EDT doesn't work for you, the EDP will.  And they're missing the point entirely.

Coty is just not the same company as philosophy was.

Honored Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

I went to Mary Lynn's page on FB and asked why there was no scent that lingered after using the 3 'layering' products. I also mentioned many other people had the same problem.

She replied and  suggested I buy the eau de parfum! 

REALLY??

@ellaphant   Mary Lynn is just a pawn in the game... she has no say and would not jeopardize her job to say anything against the new owners.... You probably need to complain to the higher ups in  the company.  Not that that would make a difference.

Respected Contributor

A couple of years ago, I bought the body wash and body spray set in Fresh Cream.  I should have read the review before I did because there was hardly ANY scent to them!  I've used other body washes in this line and they smelled ok but the Fresh Cream was a total dud for me.

Trusted Contributor

the first time i ever smelled the philosophy lotions in ulta, i couldn't believe that there

was hardly any scent at all. i can't imagine why they did that. might as well label it unscented! if they did that because they say you can layer their products, well, i'm not a layer-er. lol! give me one good product and i'm out the door. 

Respected Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

And I'm afraid that's all the answer you're going to get now.  I'm sure they figure that, if the EDT doesn't work for you, the EDP will.  And they're missing the point entirely.

Coty is just not the same company as philosophy was.

I stopped buying when the company was sold.

Honored Contributor

Many of the 3-in-1 scents are not made to last on your body.  They say that all the time.  They are a sensory experience in the bath and shower only.  I mean who really wants to walk around smelling like a margarita all day or a cinnamon bun?

But the 3-in-1s that match the fragrances are supposed to have more scent to them.  However, I've never found that to be the case.  The last time I bought an actual fragrance set from QVC was a few years ago when they had a TSV set.  Everything smelled fine in the bottles but once sprayed, nothing lasted at all. 

I rec'd a fresh cream shower gel in a sample kit and I detested the smell of it.  It had plenty of scent for showering and to me it smelled like burned milk.  However, I went into Sephora and for the heck of it smelled the fragrance spray and lotion and loved them.  I put some on to see how it would smell on my after dry down and it got even better and it really lasted on me.

I wonder if the Q products are the problem?    

Respected Contributor

I just checked the ingredients of Pure Grace at Ulta vs, QVC, and they are identical.  I've tested this at Ulta, and it lasts really well on me.  I'm thinking of ordering it.... have a 20% off coupon that is good through Saturday....

Trusted Contributor

I have a few scents in their body creme and I like them much better.  They seem to give some moisture to my body and I like the scent.  Plus the scent seems to stay for me.  Example, I put some on yesterday morning and last evening my daughter commented how nice I smelled. 

Maybe give them a try.

Honored Contributor

For me Philosophy never did have a scent.  Not once the whole time I wore it, no one told me I smelled good! (and yes I bathe dailly) LOL.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)