Honored Contributor

Re: Husbands helping me wash my hair

@DrakesMomma wrote:

If there is a next time perhaps the kitchen sink would be better.  

@DrakesMomma  Yes, after my last hospital stay I could not wash my own hair or bend over bathtub so my husband did it over the kitchen sink. It really has a powerful sprayer so that helped out, too. Since I wear wigs, I just let it dry naturally.

Honored Contributor

@DrakesMomma  I am a clean freak can not fathom washing my hair where I wash my dishes but thank you 

@DrakesMomma wrote:

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Valued Contributor

@I am still oxox   -   I have washed my hair in the kitchen sink the majority of my adult life.  It isn't an issue.  I clean the sinks, back splash, and counter tops before and after I wash my hair.  There has never been an issue.  

Honored Contributor

What a great hubby!!! My EX, would never help me with that kind of stuff--had many surgeries and was lucky if he even  picked me up from the hospital to bring me home--usually had to get neighbors or family to do that. He always had something better to do--Cat Mad--

but yes---I got told by my fave hair girl to come on in anytime and she would wash and style my hair----

Honored Contributor

If you are going to have to rely on others to bathe you time to cut that hair!

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@ID2 My hair is my crowing glory when the brace is removed I should require no assistance, he had to help me shower the 5 weeks I was in a cast

@ID2 wrote:

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

@ID2 

I agree.  No one is suggesting she shave her head and be bald, but cutting several inches off will make things easier for everyone ... and the hair will grow back.    That's what hair does.  It can still be her "crowning glory" no matter what the length is.  

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 In my life, a few time I have cut my hair. Sometimes because I had to (surgery and such).  Sometimes thrilled and sometimes not.  My very best friend would say If I wasn't thrilled.  It will do what hair does....Grow back!  Your quote reminded me of her!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox wrote:

I am recovering from a broken wrist and needed my husbands help in washing my hair. Well not an easy feat, I have long thick hair. Lucky for the showr chair. It was a bit of a nightmare to say the least but we got it done, now on to drying it. Wish me luck

Hi @I am still oxox ,

I'm glad that your husband was able to help you wash your hair. Smiley Happy

As @JeanLouiseFinch mentioned in her comments, shampoo shower caps can be really helpful when you're recovering from an injury or illness.

I used them in the hospital and then have used then at home during surgery recovery.

I am currently using them again now.

You--or if someone is helping you--can wash your hair wherever it's convenient for you to do so, like sitting in a chair on on the bed, for example.

They're shower caps pre-filled with a pre-measured amount of shampoo and conditioner.

You can gently warm the cap up in the microwave for several seconds before placing it on your head.

You then bundle all of your hair up into the cap, and then massage your head and scalp through the shower cap for a few minutes. This wets your hair, and this is how it gets washed.

I keep a towel handy when I'm massaging my head and scalp to catch any water that drips from the cap.

When the time is up for you to stop the massaging, you then remove the cap and have your towel ready because some excess water will come out of the cap.

You would then dry your hair and style it like you normally do.

Respected Contributor

@DrakesMomma wrote:

Absolutey @DrakesMomma