Honored Contributor

Husbands helping me wash my hair

I am recovering from a broken wrist and needed my husbands help in washing my hair. Well not an easy feat, I have long thick hair. Lucky for the showr chair. It was a bit of a nightmare to say the least but we got it done, now on to drying it. Wish me luck

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

Re: Husbands helping me wash my hair

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox  I'm glad that you had your cast removed and your wrist is recovering Smiley Happy!  Its so nice to hear that your husband helped you wash your very pretty hair! Ooh now you can even teach him how to do a round brush blowout! Smiley Wink:  I give your loving husband an A+ score for washing your hair! Smiley Very HappyHeart

Honored Contributor

It may have been easier and a marriage-saver to have gone to a salon and had your hair washed and dried.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox  I feel for you. My DD had shoulder surgery, and asked me to wash her hair over the sink. A nightmare! Her hair is down to the middle of her back. I didn't do a good job. Smiley Sad Give your hubby a big kiss.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PA Mom-mom  Wow! Your DD is a real life Rapunzel! How long did it take to wash and dry her hair?  I hope her shoulder is better and major  lovely Mom points to you for washing your DD's hair Smiley HappyHeart.  

Honored Contributor

Hope all went as well as it could under the circumstance @I am still oxox 

If there is a next time, perhaps you can think of a different washing position.  I wash my hair by bending over my bathtub.  He could either stand next to you or sit on the shower chair while you are bent over the tub.  The last scenario sounds best. SO sorry you broke your wrist Smiley Sad

Super Contributor

Goodness, I had to do that for my DD when she had shoulder surgery. Her hair is super thick and curly and she wears it straight. It was a really long, tiring process washing, rinsing, blow drying and straightening her hair. Did I mention she's a perfectionist and I have an ultra short pixie, lol.
Your husband must really love you!! ❤️
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SportyShorty07 wrote:

@PA Mom-mom  Wow! Your DD is a real life Rapunzel! How long did it take to wash and dry her hair?  I hope her shoulder is better and major  lovely Mom points to you for washing your DD's hair Smiley HappyHeart.  

@SportyShorty07  It's been that long since college. She has 3 children, and it takes her at least an hour for her to shower, dry her hair and do her face. I just don't get it. It takes me 15 minutes, start to finish. Her shoulder is so great. She had an injury from high school that caused her shoulder to slip out of the socket sometimes. So painful. She had to do the ice bath, etc. for a week or two and was so afraid of having her shoulder go out again. I was a terrible hairdresser. She couldn't move her arm, so it was frustrating to try to get her over the sink. It took a half hour and didn't end satisfactorily. If it would have been warm weather, we could have gone outside. Wish I'd have known about those wash cloths that QVC offers.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm I doubt I would be able to do that, I have issues with my legs and would not be able to bend over the tub like that, but thanks for the idea

@monicakm wrote:

Hope all went as well as it could under the circumstance @I am still oxox 

If there is a next time, perhaps you can think of a different washing position.  I wash my hair by bending over my bathtub.  He could either stand next to you or sit on the shower chair while you are bent over the tub.  The last scenario sounds best. SO sorry you broke your wrist Smiley Sad

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@SportyShorty07 wrote:

@SportyShorty07  It's been that long since college. She has 3 children, and it takes her at least an hour for her to shower, dry her hair and do her face. I just don't get it. It takes me 15 minutes, start to finish. Her shoulder is so great. She had an injury from high school that caused her shoulder to slip out of the socket sometimes. So painful. She had to do the ice bath, etc. for a week or two and was so afraid of having her shoulder go out again. I was a terrible hairdresser. She couldn't move her arm, so it was frustrating to try to get her over the sink. It took a half hour and didn't end satisfactorily. If it would have been warm weather, we could have gone outside. Wish I'd have known about those wash cloths that QVC offers.

@PA Mom-mom  Wow, that's some long hair! I have thick wavy hair that's a few inches past my shoulders and I put it in a turbie twist and then I blow it out with a hair dryer and a revlon hot air brush- it takes about 30 minutes to blow dry my hair if I dry most of it with the turbie twist for an hour.  I can imagine it would've been difficult to wash and style her hair for her especially since her shoulder was such an issue and slipped out of its socket before.  You did an A+ for effort great job in washing her hair though Smiley Happy! I remember when I broke my wrist in middle school, my lovely Mom washed my hair and she combed my hair.  Smiley HappyHeart