Respected Contributor

Re: How do you apply IT CC cream with the brush

@Icegoddess

Thanks for the helpful tips. 😊

Valued Contributor

Thank you for all the tips and ideas. It is shinier (Illumination CC)  than what I am used to so not sure if I will keep it though.

Esteemed Contributor

I never use the IT Cosmetics brushes that they include with their CC creams as I think that they are not the right design to apply foundation. I prefer a flat paddle shaped foundation brush not those big buffing type makeup brushes which waste a lot of product. I actually prefer using my fingers to apply CC cream and then go over my face with a flat paddle foundation brush afterwards or use my Clarisonic foundation brush on top after I've used my fingers to apply the CC cream.

Super Contributor

@Theresa1121wrote:

Does anyone use this and what is best way to apply this evenly with the brush? What amount do you use?

I ordered this and like the ingrediants but I always have trouble applying foundation with anything other than my fingers. Tried applying this way and then buffing with brush.

Any tips and experience please and I may order the upcoming TSV with the super size, a blush and lip treatment.

I first use Skinn's Orchid Gel Primer. I use about 1-1/2 pumps of the CC Cream and dot all over my face. Then I take the IT Cosmetics Flat top brush and stipple the product in.  This way it doesn't streak. I wait about a minute then lightly buff with the IT Cosmetics Heavenly Luxe Complexion Perfection Brush. For me, the key is the second step and the brush head shouldn't be huge. I then set with the Bye Bye Pores regular or illumination powder. It takes me less than 5 minutes to do it and the rest of makeup stays all day. The blush and bronzer keeps its color. Just a beautiful finish. I'm one of those who loves the CC Illumination.

Valued Contributor

I agree .... those application brushes waste the product ... just rec'd. the Tarte Foundation with large brush (3" head) and I noticed more in the bristles than on my face (and the coverage is not working for me at least).  I tried using fingers, and the product is simply too thick.  I just switched from BE powder which I might go back to using.

Respected Contributor

@mercyMe

I tried using the buffing method that icegoddess suggested and I noticed that some product came off on the brush, but it did leave a nice finish. I think it's unavoidable that some product is going to come off, no matter what you use.  Have you tried using a beauty-blender type sponge?

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse, I use a very densely bristled brush when I buff.  I see no visible foundation on it, but I do always wipe it on a damp rag when I'm done just to keep the brush clean and I rarely see any color come off on the rag.  I guess it could depend on how quickly your foundation dries. 

The brush I'm currently using is one that was meant to apply foundation.  HSN sells one at a terribly expensive price that the man claims how it applies the foundation so much better than other brushes and demo's on paper to show how it applies the product so much better.  Funny, he didn't actually apply foundation to a model though.  I guess because it was about the brush and not a foundation, but I would've like to see what method he would use.  But, mine is a $6 knockoff I got at Burke's Outlet.  I have also used a Tarte flat-headed brush that is also densely bristled. I can post pics if you like.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess

I used the Heavenly Luxe Complexion Perfection Foundation Globe Brush that came with an IT TSV a few months ago.  Is that as dense as the one you use?  Maybe if I had waited a little longer to buff it in, the product might not have gotten on the brush.

I don't know if the HSN brush you mention is an Artis-type paddle brush but I also have a knock-off of that one and I guess I could try that for buffing and see what happens.

Honored Contributor

@Texasmousewrote:

@Icegoddess

I used the Heavenly Luxe Complexion Perfection Foundation Globe Brush that came with an IT TSV a few months ago.  Is that as dense as the one you use?  Maybe if I had waited a little longer to buff it in, the product might not have gotten on the brush.

I don't know if the HSN brush you mention is an Artis-type paddle brush but I also have a knock-off of that one and I guess I could try that for buffing and see what happens.

I'm not familiar with the IT bursh, but yes, the brush I use is an Artis knock-off.  I just do it right after I'm done spreading, but by that time it's pretty much dry.

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess

I'll have to try mine for that.  Thanks. Smiley Happy