Valued Contributor

How do you apply IT CC cream with the brush

Does anyone use this and what is best way to apply this evenly with the brush? What amount do you use?

I ordered this and like the ingrediants but I always have trouble applying foundation with anything other than my fingers. Tried applying this way and then buffing with brush.

Any tips and experience please and I may order the upcoming TSV with the super size, a blush and lip treatment.

Honored Contributor

Re: How do you apply IT CC cream with the brush

@Theresa1121wrote:

Does anyone use this and what is best way to apply this evenly with the brush? What amount do you use?

I ordered this and like the ingrediants but I always have trouble applying foundation with anything other than my fingers. Tried applying this way and then buffing with brush.

Any tips and experience please and I may order the upcoming TSV with the super size, a blush and lip treatment.

@Theresa1121

I bought a $6 brush from ULTA the other day and I've been using it.  It's the ELF blending brush--great reviews.  I also use a lot of IT brushes.  

I put some on the side of my hand, dip my brush in and swipe--repeat on each side.  It goes on smoothly and great!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Trusted Contributor

You can also watch the video for A264626. Looks very easy.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Respected Contributor

I  didn't care for the brush they included with their last TSV, at least not for application of the CC cream. I don't know if this one will be better suited. The last one was too large and too compact, in my opinion. I haven't really found a use for it because of that. 

Occasional Contributor

I use a smallish two sided IT cosmetics brush. The bigger size is for buffing the CC ceeam in and the smaller side is for concealor. I love using the IT brush, it makes it apply so easy and flawless. I had first just used my fingers to apply the CC cream and was not impressed . The IT brush made all the difference for me.
Honored Contributor

I have never liked brush application as much as I have tried.  Plus, I feel like I have to use more product with a brush whether I dot it onto the face and blend or put on the back of my hand and dip the brush in.  I always have to add more and I don't have to do that with a blending sponge.  I do like using a brush to buff after I have applied the foundation.  Makes a huge dfference, at least when looking in a magnifying mirror, especially the area around the mouth that stretches.

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddesswrote:

I have never liked brush application as much as I have tried.  Plus, I feel like I have to use more product with a brush whether I dot it onto the face and blend or put on the back of my hand and dip the brush in.  I always have to add more and I don't have to do that with a blending sponge.  I do like using a brush to buff after I have applied the foundation.  Makes a huge dfference, at least when looking in a magnifying mirror, especially the area around the mouth that stretches.

@Icegoddess

I prefer using a sponge for application too. When you're using a brush to buff it in, don't you feel as though you're removing some of the product? That's why I haven't tried doing that. I just apply it with a sponge and leave it at that.

Honored Contributor

@Texasmousewrote:

@Icegoddesswrote:

@Icegoddess

I prefer using a sponge for application too. When you're using a brush to buff it in, don't you feel as though you're removing some of the product? That's why I haven't tried doing that. I just apply it with a sponge and leave it at that.

@Texasmouse I don't because I buff lightly.  Try looking in a magnifying mirror and see how your foundation looks.  Now, open your mouth and see if it doesn't look a little mottled.  I guess it's similar to the iT demo for their new Bye Bye foundation showing how it stretches with the skin.  Buffing a little with a brush evens that out.  It might not be a problem for those who are young, but I find it looks better with a little buffing as I get older.  I have good skin, so I'm not going so much for coverage with a foundation, but more an evening out of my skin tone.

Respected Contributor

Thanks @Icegoddess, I'll try that. Do you buff right await, while the cream is still wet or do you wait until it sets up a little? (I'm still afraid I'll rub it all off if I do it right away... lol)

Honored Contributor

@Texasmousewrote:

Thanks @Icegoddess, I'll try that. Do you buff right await, while the cream is still wet or do you wait until it sets up a little? (I'm still afraid I'll rub it all off if I do it right away... lol)

@Texasmouse, I do it right away.  You need it to be able to move into those areas it didn't cover so you don't want it set.  Not necessarily super wet.  This morning I used the new Doll10 HydraLux foundation.  It dries so quickly I was having trouble applying it.  I added a small amount of Miracle Blur to it (I would expect moisturizer would also work) so it would spread before drying.  Still, it dries pretty quickly, so it was pretty much dry by the time I buffed it.