Trusted Contributor

Does anyone know much about these two competitive tools that you would be willing to share with me?  Thanks. 

Esteemed Contributor

Hairmax works!    I've had mine for about 4 years (whenever it first came out) but have no experience with IGrow - is that the complete head cap?  Is the cap approved by the FDA like Hairmax?    I have one area top back where I had sitches from a childhood accident and that's where I concentrate but use it on top also.  I do get lax and miss weeks at a time and then I get back to useing it when I can't feel stubble / new hair growth..  I highly recommend it.   Hope this helps!

Contributor

I used the Hairmax religiously for the 6 weeks allowed. I have an area on the side of my head toward the front (probably hairline receeding) where I have litte hair. In 6 weeks, there was no hair growth at all. Didn't want to keep longer than I could return it. Maybe you need to use it longer but didn't want to take the chance. Hope this helps.

Honored Contributor

I have Igrow and when I use it, it works!

Honored Contributor

I use the hairmax and after about 3 1/2 months I saw results in the temples that had gaps in hair.  That was in January and now I can pull my hair up and back and there are no gaps in my hair that I have to try to cover.

Trusted Contributor

I saw the Hairmax presentation today. Did they same something about a 180-day return period? 

The iGrow looks like it is less work, but it is also a lot more money. I'd start with the Hairmax.

Respected Contributor

happy to see this thread, I have been wanting to try hairmax.I have hair loss in the crown area due to hypothyroid..do you think this would help?  are there any side effects?

In the mean time,any recs for covering the sparse spots? I tried Joan Rivers product but wasn't too pleased with it..thanks:-)

Honored Contributor

I use hairmaxx and it does work for me.  I do forget a week, then go back and start in again.  I am 68, and had thick hair, and it has thinned, especially in front.  My hairline had receded back a bit, and I can see growth in those follicles.It does make your hair look thicker on top by lots of new hair growth.  I haven't used it long enough to see the new hair growth very long. 

I will say I hate using it.  I hate it!  You have to keep the arms up for 11 minutes, and I have long hair so I have to do it a special way.  I imagine if you have short hair , it would work faster, and better as the light bathes the scalp better

Trusted Contributor

Thank you all for you helpful responses.  I saw the sale price on the Hairmax today and started thinking about it seriously.  The cap one is just too pricey for me.

Trusted Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Hairmax works!    I've had mine for about 4 years (whenever it first came out) but have no experience with IGrow - is that the complete head cap?  Is the cap approved by the FDA like Hairmax?    I have one area top back where I had sitches from a childhood accident and that's where I concentrate but use it on top also.  I do get lax and miss weeks at a time and then I get back to using it when I can't feel stubble / new hair growth..  I highly recommend it.   Hope this helps!

@fthunt Hope you see this. I was given one by my sister who has a great head of hair but her daughter has these odd small bald spots hiding under her beautiful hair....it looks like she may have let her use it and as a young person she did not comply or found out it was not working..I think it was she didn't comply. My sis doesn't give things away to easy so I was SO happy she asked me if I wanted it! My hair is thin now due to stress and undoubtedly lack of hormones falls out and is thinning...I take Biotin gel caps 5.000 IU... I think it helps keep my hair growing back but far less hair over the past 4 years...more so the past year and and 1/2. Okay now....I just never use it daily  - I am non-compliant as well....holding it up tires my achy bad shoulder but an excuse most nights! and I can see why they invented this new IGrow head cap!

@fthunt I was wondering which one you own? perhaps the one  I have now is older model..not sure but think so. I must ask my sis but she's always busy - mine is white and says Hairmax with a Lux 9 written on bottom left. I have no directions on how to use and did use many times but now it stops that loud noise after awhile...is that normal? not just a beep a noise. And if I click on something there's just the light no noise. Does one need that sound (not beep sound) to make sure it's working? I may go back to using it after reading these posts and you. Some didn't say it worked but reading you had + resultsI am hopeful and will comply! Thanks very much!

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky