Respected Contributor

Some questions about PTR products

I want to start with the basics but can't tell which one of his moisturizers is the most basic. Also, the orange cleanser broke me out around the mouth/chin. What other cleanser of his do you recommend?
Honored Contributor

Re: Some questions about PTR products

@Rachb  Three products I WILL NOT be without - the Un-wrinkle peel pads followed with the LR gel-cream in the dark red container, and at night the Retinol PM oil.

I've tried a zillion facial products.  Started with a 5pc kit of PTR super products in April and with very faithful usage, could see good results that turned into great results almost immediately.  And believe me if these didn't work AND show results, I'd not be using them anymore.

I don't care for the wash either although it does work - takes off all of your makeup including mascara.  I use this on and off but I mostly like to you proactiv just because of the granules in it.  I don't have acne and don't really need this but I used to have a break out every once in a while so this is my go-to for that.  I still swear by proactiv wash.

Respected Contributor

Thanks! Is the gel cream moisturizing enough in winter for those of us who tend to have dry skin?
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi @Rachb I have dabbled in PTR for a couple years now and these are my fave items (I am mid 40's with very dry skin) :

I love his peel pads (Unwrinkle) Excellent for daily use but I rotate them with other forms of exfoliation both chemical and physical!

I liked his laser resurfacer gels for face, eye and the serum I got in a kit once...they go on with a red tint from the dragons blood and they have a feel to them..hard to explain...but it is def the dimethicone..lots of slip...I finished my smaller sizes, I ordered a kit with super sized gel with peel pads and cleanser( the orange one which is ok...sorry but Dimitri's are WAY better for me) and sent the gel and cleanser to a cousin in Texas who loves both...also the Fusion retinol is nice... I use that every other day but am thinking of going to a retin A...

I tried his Unwrinkle Turbo serum (didn't notice any difference in skin ) and it is EXPENSIVE so not a re order...I found a Firm X Growth factor serum on ebay for cheap and got it...I add a pump of it to my Skinn Age reset (also a growth factor serum) and it is fine...it is milky and applied alone almost tacky...I will use it up but not a reorder...

I got a kit with his masks (the rose,pumpkin and gold) and I gave the rose to my cousin, I like the pumpkin and gold ones...I got a sample of his Irish moor mud and eeeeek it made my bullet proof skin break out..it was a total MISS/FAIL whatever you want to call it...try that at your own risk! Smiley Sad

I am interested in his bubbling oxygen mask which I will get sometime when it is discounted on the Q or his site...

I know some dislike his products as he supposedly animal tests/not cruelty free since he started selling in China...not sure of the validity of that since China accepts waivers so you may want to check that out if that is important to you...

sorry Skinn didn't work out for you...I still love so many of D's products but as a beauty maven or junkie, I try stuff from every line, searching for "perfect" skin (if that is even possible) Good luck girl and let us know how PTR worked out for you! 

Honored Contributor

He does use impressive ingredients, however, he also uses lots of chemicals. I was going to try his Rose Mask, instead I bought Andalou Naturals Rose Mask, his was loaded with chemicals and artificials.

Honored Contributor

@Rachb wrote:
I want to start with the basics but can't tell which one of his moisturizers is the most basic. Also, the orange cleanser broke me out around the mouth/chin. What other cleanser of his do you recommend?

Try the green cucumber foaming facial cleanser.  It is awesome!  It's my fav.  I also love the Retinol Fusion PM.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@Rachb  Three products I WILL NOT be without - the Un-wrinkle peel pads followed with the LR gel-cream in the dark red container, and at night the Retinol PM oil.

I've tried a zillion facial products.  Started with a 5pc kit of PTR super products in April and with very faithful usage, could see good results that turned into great results almost immediately.  And believe me if these didn't work AND show results, I'd not be using them anymore.

I don't care for the wash either although it does work - takes off all of your makeup including mascara.  I use this on and off but I mostly like to you proactiv just because of the granules in it.  I don't have acne and don't really need this but I used to have a break out every once in a while so this is my go-to for that.  I still swear by proactiv wash.

The retinol fusion pm is one of my favs too--the peel pads are as well.  Have you tried his cucumber cleanser yet Pink?  

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Trusted Contributor

Rach, my PTR routine has been:

Morning:  Unwrinkle Serum followed by the Mega-Rich Intensive Anti-Aging Cellular Creme.  

Night:  Peel pads, Retinol Fusion PM, and Unwrinkle Night

Once a week:  Triple Acid Peel

So far I've been loving it all.  That morning moisturizing creme is decadent, a tiny bit goes a long way.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I, too, am a recent PTR convert. You can see IMMEDIATE results with his products.

Retinol Fusion

Unwrinkle Peel Pads

Squalane Oiless oil

Laser Free exfoliator, serum, eye serum, moisturizer

MASKS!!!! Pumpkin Enzyme Mask, Rose Mask, Cucumber

FirmX Peel

i know a lot of women rave about the Unwrinkle line, but all I use are the pads. I love the results of the Laser-Free products so I'm extremely happy with those. I'd like to try the Vitamin C products but just haven't yet.

I was a Philosophy girl for 9 years (I've used top of the line products for 30 years), but Philosphy became so irritating to my skin, especially the Miracle line, but PTR doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. It's definitely my line now and hopefully for years to come.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

I, too, am a recent PTR convert. You can see IMMEDIATE results with his products.

Retinol Fusion

Unwrinkle Peel Pads

Squalane Oiless oil

Laser Free exfoliator, serum, eye serum, moisturizer

MASKS!!!! Pumpkin Enzyme Mask, Rose Mask, Cucumber

FirmX Peel

i know a lot of women rave about the Unwrinkle line, but all I use are the pads. I love the results of the Laser-Free products so I'm extremely happy with those. I'd like to try the Vitamin C products but just haven't yet.

I was a Philosophy girl for 9 years (I've used top of the line products for 30 years), but Philosphy became so irritating to my skin, especially the Miracle line, but PTR doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. It's definitely my line now and hopefully for years to come.

SurferWife, now I want to try those masks!  I've never been a huge mask user but just the names alone of the PTR masks make me want to try them!  Goodness, I'm going to go broke on my beauty habit...