Esteemed Contributor

I've read your comments - yes, it sounds like you have the same style as mine - there hasn't been much change until recently (last night).  It sounds like your unit needs to be recharged.  I can use mine twice for eleven minutes and then I plug it back in to the electrical cord to recharge.  If the Hairmax battery is low it will do odd things - not beep - lights on the unit come and go (out).   There were no special instructions  - and its guaranteed for TEN YEARS, so if you think you need repair - contact the company and/or call QVC CS for a contact.  It's a great machine and it does work if you use it 3 times a week for 11 minutes.  If you can't hold your arms up then the new head set style would be best for you.  Good Luck and keep at it.

Trusted Contributor

@SunBumIL wrote:

I used the Hairmax religiously for the 6 weeks allowed. I have an area on the side of my head toward the front (probably hairline receeding) where I have litte hair. In 6 weeks, there was no hair growth at all. Didn't want to keep longer than I could return it. Maybe you need to use it longer but didn't want to take the chance. Hope this helps.

Did you mean to say 6 months?  As this is the recommended amount of time to use before you will see results. 

Honored Contributor

I think these 2 items are pretty much the same, just the cap is more convenient, your hands and arms are free to do as you please while using.

Honored Contributor

Re: Hairmax vs IGrow??

[ Edited ]

If you have a concealer in your scalp such as Joan Rivers powder or Toppik fibers, will lthe Hair Max still give results?? thanks.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle

I read instructions cover to cover.  The best way to use it is on a clean scalp, however you can use it with Rogaine on your scalp.  The HairMaxx instructions stress that the laser light needs to "bathe" the scalp.  If anything is bonded or stuck to scalp it may not work as well.

I wash my long hair (3-4 inches past shoulders) every 4 days or so.  I have extremely curly (like ringlet) hair.  It is thinner as I said on top, and a little see through in the light.  But my fine, curly hair puffs up so much it seems thicker. I use a DivaCurl gel, and  slap an argon oil over the hair 2 days into my clean hair, as my hair gets frizzy!  I just have wild red hair!!! (with gray roots, LOL) I part my hair quickly and move light along scalp.  Otherwise the light would go over my hair and not "bathe" the scalp.

So, the laser works , and I do have a little gel and oil on my scalp at times.  But no JR powder.

Contributor

Sorry, I meant to say I used it faithfully for the 120 days I was allowed to keep it, minus the couple of days needed to get it back on time. I must have been tired when I wrote my review. Sorry again. But honestly, it did nothing for me.

Trusted Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

I've read your comments - yes, it sounds like you have the same style as mine - there hasn't been much change until recently (last night).  It sounds like your unit needs to be recharged.  I can use mine twice for eleven minutes and then I plug it back in to the electrical cord to recharge.  If the Hairmax battery is low it will do odd things - not beep - lights on the unit come and go (out).   There were no special instructions  - and its guaranteed for TEN YEARS, so if you think you need repair - contact the company and/or call QVC CS for a contact.  It's a great machine and it does work if you use it 3 times a week for 11 minutes.  If you can't hold your arms up then the new head set style would be best for you.  Good Luck and keep at it.

@fthunt thank you! I didn't buy it and my sister is soooo busy as a dr. and busy life in no way would this receipt even be found for me to get any guarantee or customer service unless I call them (or something). I think it's working fine since the light is on but perhaps not juiced up enough I'll give that a go, thought it lasted longer through sessions before and made all the right sounds, it's finicky loll. The beep stops at times and that particular rough sound went away. But I'm  putting it in the charger now to see later ion if it was like before with two sounds. I wonder if the light is one is it being effective and we need no sound at all - I can count to 20 seconds in my mind lol and move it around. I will do some Googling. Ten years is a darn good guarantee! Wow! Love that! Will look into this doggone thing and hope it will juice up to normal. Ty again 

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Trusted Contributor

@SunBumIL wrote:

Sorry, I meant to say I used it faithfully for the 120 days I was allowed to keep it, minus the couple of days needed to get it back on time. I must have been tired when I wrote my review. Sorry again. But honestly, it did nothing for me.

The extended return policy for this item is now 6 months.  Glad to see they are giving buyers extra time to see results. 

Honored Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

@Shelbelle

I read instructions cover to cover.  The best way to use it is on a clean scalp, however you can use it with Rogaine on your scalp.  The HairMaxx instructions stress that the laser light needs to "bathe" the scalp.  If anything is bonded or stuck to scalp it may not work as well.

I wash my long hair (3-4 inches past shoulders) every 4 days or so.  I have extremely curly (like ringlet) hair.  It is thinner as I said on top, and a little see through in the light.  But my fine, curly hair puffs up so much it seems thicker. I use a DivaCurl gel, and  slap an argon oil over the hair 2 days into my clean hair, as my hair gets frizzy!  I just have wild red hair!!! (with gray roots, LOL) I part my hair quickly and move light along scalp.  Otherwise the light would go over my hair and not "bathe" the scalp.

So, the laser works , and I do have a little gel and oil on my scalp at times.  But no JR powder.

Thanks so much, I dont have 11 minutes 3 times per week with no type of concealer in my scalp, once it is styled it stays that way for several days. Way too time consuming to go without it for very long.

Respected Contributor

does it work if your hair loss is from hypothyroid

problems?/any side effects? TIA