Trusted Contributor

When checking QVC programming and channel surfing in general, yesterday Philosophy was on for two-hours (again!) and spent a very long time promoting the Lemon Custard Gel Wash.

Only about 32 hours or so have passed and they are on AGAIN promoting it AGAIN !

Is there something special about this product that I need to know about ?   (I don't purchase Philosophy, but am wondering   about these shows?)

Honored Contributor

It looks like they are giving Philosophy the month of July ("months of Miracles") just as they give Wen the month of June.  I wonder if sales are actually proving positive for this incredible dose of exposure.  I guess QVC does not believe in marketing fatigue.

Honored Contributor

I don't understand it either.  I find Philosophy shower products OK, but no better than what I buy at Target for a much cheaper price.  To each their own.  Many Philosophy fans out there.

Trusted Contributor

I use some Philosphy products and actually like that they have them scheduled a lot throughout the month.... I don't get to tune in often, so this way I am able to catch a show. 

I think QVC sells a lot of Philosophy products and that's why they program the brands/products often. 

Contributor

I can stand Philosophy more than the WEN shows. I use Philosophy but find much better prices from the website than QVC. 

Honored Contributor

The majority of what I buy from QVC is Philosophy skincare, so I'm pleased when they're on.  I don't have to watch 32 hours and I don't.  Not any more than I'd watch 32 hours of Chaz even though there's Wen in my shower nor 32 of Susan Graver even though she's QVC's on;y clothing designer I ever order.

Years ago when shopping channels were new, I watched or at least let the shows run as background very often after work.  They were escape watching - away from all the troubles of wars and other violence.  No more - now when I tune in for more than a minute or two, I'm interested in buying, not being entertained or doing impulse shopping.

Honored Contributor

The Lemon Custard is one of their most popular scents now and is only available here at QVC. They had several sets they've made just for this month-long anniversary event.

I bought a couple of things over the weekend and was glad to see them on with so many event sets and prices. The Philosophy shows were the only ones I watched this weekend because that was the only thing I was interested in and I wasn't going to buy a camera.

Honored Contributor

Re: Good Grief! Philosophy!

[ Edited ]

Didn't you start a thread within the last 2 weeks about this very subject and proclaim you'd never buy Philosophy from QVC again because they are on too much? 

You seem to have a lot of anger over this issue.  LOL

Valued Contributor

I agree!

Trusted Contributor

I heard them say during one show that it is some anniversary of Philosophy's.

Can't remember what it was though, as I was not that vested in it.... Maybe something like how many years they have been at the Q ??

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~