Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@tsavorite wrote:

Hi KCDiva....I just recieved a set of the Goat Bar soaps....vanilla absolute (2) and honey/oatmeal (2) combo pack.  I have only used each one 1 time thus far.  So far I am not liking the honey/oatmeal one at all....the vanilla one felt abit more hydrating.  I will keep trying them for a few more days.  With that said I can honestly say that my Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus body wash is much more hydrating than anything I have ever used before.  It is very reasonable in price (under $10) and Ulta carries this line.  I have very sensitive reactive skin....rosacea/chronic prickly heat....very dry skin.  After I was with Shea I feel like I don't need to apply lotion!  The scent is ultra light...almost not there (scents give me headaches).  I would recommend the Shea body wash over the goat soaps at this point.

The scents on the goat soaps....vanilla absolute is very faint....the honey oatmeal one kinda more but medicinal.  I also ordered the liquid goat soap lotion kit....ylang yland tuberrose.  I only washed my hands with it so far...again didn't feel hydrating compared to what I use as normal handwash...used the lotion again just not hydrating enough compared to my body/hand lotion which is Cerave the heavy cream (not thin lotion one) I get this at Costco with a pump top now finally no more digging or dipping into a large tub!  Best lotion for dry winter season coming I keep these tubs at my kitchen sink and in bathroom.   As far as the scent on the ylang ylang turberose...wash was ok very faint...lotion much stronger not to my liking...does fade after abit.

I most likely will be returning everything....very disappointing purchases for me...thank goodness I got it on sale with free shipping to try this line!  It just isn't for me.  HTH

This just proves how different we all are. I use alot of Shea mositure products, including their body washes and I love coconut  scents normally but I really cannot stand the coconut and hibiscus body wash scent. I have a bottle in my shower right now I've been trying to use up for several months but I can barely stand the scent and I don't think it is ultra light at all. I should just use it as hand wash and be done with it.  I do like a few of the other scents much better though.

I love Beekman's ylang ylang and tuberose scent but I do not like their hand wash as I think it is drying. their hand washes in the brown bottles are moisturizing and one of the few hand washes that don't actually dry my skin out as I am an obsessive hand washer.

Hi HappyDaze.....I was very concerned about the smell of the Shea Moisture Coconut Hibiscus when purchasing they told me I could bring it back if I didn't like it.  I do not like anything that smells like coconut reminds me of certain sunscreens LOL...so I avoid it...online I read reviews where people said it had almost no scent others said it did....I wonder if it varies from what batch you get??  But yes we are all different and what appeals to one doesn't for another.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

For those that buy from Goats Milk Stuff have you tried any of their other products besides the bar soaps? Their tooth powder sounds interesting. Also wondering about their deodorant. The also have goats milk fudge. I did not know they had so much Stuff. LOL!!! I knew they sold bar soaps & laundry detergent. 

I want to try the fudge , i did try the lotion in the tube,it is just okay,but like the soaps.

@goldensrbest I have never ate fudge made with goats milk. I'm wondering how it will taste?

I tried the beekmans fudge, it was very good, don't know about goats milk stuff, but would like to try it.

@goldensrbest I may try the fudge when I place an order. I will wait until next month. It should be cooler. Our AC is running right now.

Honored Contributor

Did anyone ever try the fudge?

"And suddenly you just know it's time to start something new
And trust the magic of Beginnings..."
Honored Contributor

Re: Goat milk soap... pros

[ Edited ]

Pro: the products usually have a cute goat on their label. 

Respected Contributor

I just noticed again this morning (and was amazed) that, no matter how many times I wash my hands with goat milk soap, my hands never feel dry afterwards. When I'm going through my makeup routine for work in the morning, I wash my hands following the application of every skin care product, hair product, etc, so I'm washing my hands multiple times during the process. The soaps that were always at my sink before (B&BW foaming soaps) would leave my hands feeling dry by the end of the process and I would have to reach for a hand cream just before heading out the door, especially in winter. This morning, I realized, once again, that I didn't have to do that.

I'm such a convert to goat milk soap! I sent a care package including some from Bend Soap to my DIL for her birthday and today, I brought in a sample-size soap, that was included in a recent order from Horse O' Peace Ranch (I've ordered from several different sites - as long as goat milk is the first or second ingredient), to give to a co-worker who's been looking for something with which to wash her face. (She's currently using baby shampoo!)

Respected Contributor

Goat Milk Stuff has great soap.  Small, family business.  Not nearly as pricey as Beekman and my opinion, better quality.

Esteemed Contributor

I found out how hooked we were when I actually ran out of my Beekman soap and the only thing in the closet was the regular well known bar soap my mornings were not the same so I immediately ordered two sets of four bars.  I wish that they had a variety set available.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it's soliciting.