Trusted Contributor

Re: Favorite FULL COVERAGE liquid foundation

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Mrsq2022 wrote:

I like urban Decay n@ked skin foundation.  It has good coverage but not so heavy that you can't blend it.  It has a bit of a drier finish but it always looks good after I apply it,  it has silicones so I can't wear it as often as I might. 

@Mrsq2022, I just tried the UD foundation and had to return it. It did look so nice upon application, but man, it was way too drying for my skin. Interestingly, I do love the UD Naked Skin Powder foundation. It does not have a drying effect at all on me. I also am using L'Oreal's Lumi foundation and find it is a good one for my skin (never thought I'd like a drugstore foundation).

BTW, the vast majority of non-powder foundations do contain some amount of silicones.

Yes, I could see it being a problem for some.  I have oily skin and I'd wear it every day if not for the cones.  Looks really nice on my skin though.  Oh well.  I'd like to try 100% Pure but I don't think the shades look good for my warm- medium complexion.   I'm stuck with BE for now!

Occasional Contributor

Tarte Amazonian Clay. It is particulalry good with the large bamboo brush. Coverage is natural, applicationis quick and it has staying power. I saw Q offer it with two foundations and the awesome brush recently.

Esteemed Contributor

There are several liquid full coverage foundations which I would recommend because they are good, but the one I have repeat purchased and wear more than any other is Lancome's Teint Idole Ultra.  It's a longwear formula and I find it lives up to that.  It doesn't look like old fashioned heavy makeup on, but rather your natural face enhance.   I usually use less product for a lighter effect as I don't need a lot of coverage.  However, if I want camera ready full coverage makeup it is my go to.  

Respected Contributor

Thanks @Trix. I have Teint Idole. It's pretty good but I find it a bit drying during the winter.
Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

Currently using up a bottle of Almay True Lasting Color. Once I am done with that I will wash out the bottle and probably put the L'Oreal True Match foundation in it; the Almay has a pump dispenser and the True Match does not.

I may switch to Bare Minerals Ready powder after that Almay bottle is up to change off.

JustJazzmom, not replying to the OP since I do prefer what I now use, drugstore but replying to you.

Have you tried the L'Oreal tru match lumi in the pump bottle. I use and love this, my favorite so far and I have tried all brands at all prices.

Second would be a tie between Mally Defender bb cream foundation in a tube and the newer IT cushion compact foundation. I have dry and somewhat sensitive skin and these 3 work great for me but I do prefer a pump bottle SO, I am going to check out the newer CC & OOO Ageless in the see through pump bottle BUT if you haven't tried the L'Oreal tru match lumi give it a try. I use light in IT, light/medium in Mally since her shades run lighter and got 3n in this L'Oreal tru match lumi.

Honored Contributor

@doglover3

Have you or anyone else tried the Lumi and the L'Oreal True Match? Do the shades match each other; in other words, is the 3N the same shade in both? Thanks in advance.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@doglover3

Have you or anyone else tried the Lumi and the L'Oreal True Match? Do the shades match each other; in other words, is the 3N the same shade in both? Thanks in advance.

@JustJazzmom, no, they don't correspond, unfortunately.

The Lumi so far has a more limited selection. I will also say that I think it runs a bit dark (have no idea about the regular Tru Match). I tried N(neutral)3 and found it to be ever so slightly too dark for me.

So I exchanged it for the lightest neutral, which is labeled N1-2. Now, see, that's the problem. They should offer both an N1 and and N2. But the N1-2 does work for me. If they ever get around to separating them, I would go for the N2, though.

This is the first line in which I actually had to go with the very lightest neutral shade, so that's why I think the line runs a bit dark.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I happened to be in a CVS this PM and swatched the Lumi N3 on my hand and when I went outside I saw it had an orange cast. I came home and compared it to the True Match N3 on my hand and the True Match doesn't have that orange cast. Looks like the Lumi is not for me. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

Love LOVED this foundation until they changed the formula and made it "ultra".  It was too "dewy" for me didn't stay put as long.  Took a long time to find something close.  Sephora's MUFE HD was very close.  Now they've changed it's formula (sigh).  They gave me some samples but I'm not crazy about it.

Respected Contributor

I used the Teint Idole 24h today. It wore fairly well, but not matter what I do, I end up with raccoon eyes when I wear liquid foundation. It's weird since I don't wear mascara on my lower lashes. Never happens with powder foundation.