Frequent Contributor

Re: Favorite FULL COVERAGE liquid foundation

It's not really a liquid formulation, rather mousse like, but Tarte's Amazonian Clay foundation is everything to me!! It's full coverage which i prefer, extremely long wearing, and forgiving for all skin types. I have more oily skin and this works perfect for me! I just put some mineral veil on top and I'm matte and flawless for hours

Contributor

I'm a Q fan and I love the tarte line.  Great coverage   I like the original in the brown tube. I also like their  BB cream. Josie Marans wasn't bad but on me it had a pinkish tint.  I like the IT powder foundation also. It's handy to carry with you and so easy to apply.

Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

I happened to be in a CVS this PM and swatched the Lumi N3 on my hand and when I went outside I saw it had an orange cast. I came home and compared it to the True Match N3 on my hand and the True Match doesn't have that orange cast. Looks like the Lumi is not for me. 

JustJassmom and SuzyQ. I don't find or see any orange on me and I am a 3n in the L'Oreal tru match lumi nor do I see much of what you call the dewy look but then I do have dry skin.

For me this is a true neutral with no other  color or tone in it, on me anyway.

It also lasts a long time since DH was in the hospital and I was there from 7 AM till midnight every day and this foundation looked the same when I came home at 12:30 AM as it did when I put it on at 6:30 AM the morning before.

Of course we are all so different and is why we have to really try these products for ourselves. I too went outside at Ulta when I first tried the new(was new than) BE serum foundation in which I got Bare Shell. Two clerks told me I should get Bare Linen but that did look very yellow on me and way too dark so, ended up with Bare Shell which was a very good match for me but much prefer this L'Oreal Tru Match Lumi. I have never tried the original  tru match, used Mally Defender BB      cream foundation in the tube, 1.8 ounces than got this new IT cushion compact but for the price, went back to my tru match lumi.

I still do want to try the newer CG & OOO Ageless in the pump bottle even though I love and am satisfied with my L'Oreal tru match lumi. Why do we do this, keep looking when we already have something we really like?

Honored Contributor

@doglover3

I think we look for substitutes because of all these companies either discontinuing the product or altering the product and we want an equally good 'back up' foundation just in case this happens to the ones we use all the time.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

I also think we have a mentality of there might be something even better!
Esteemed Contributor

@Rachb wrote:
Thanks @Trix. I have Teint Idole. It's pretty good but I find it a bit drying during the winter.

During the winter you may want to consider adding a drop of argan or any of the many wonderful facial oils on the market to your foundation.  I use oil as part of my skincare, but if you don't want to do that a drop in any brand's foundation can render amazing results in boosting the hydration level of it. 

Respected Contributor

JustJazzmom and Rachb, think you are both right. Can't say how many times I found my HG or thought I did only to have it discontinued. I do like a back-up for that reason as well as just like to try something different sometimes and of course, always looking for something better even if I absolutely love what I am now using.

Respected Contributor

I also  like EL Perfectionist .

Occasional Contributor

Try Too Faced "Born This Way" at Sephora or Ulta. Holy grail for a lot of people, excellent coverage and natural finish, not too dewy not too matte. Beautiful packaging too. Highly recommend!

Respected Contributor

Too faced Born this Way broke up on my face after only a few hours. I tried several different primers but no improvement.