Honored Contributor

Re: Fake Eyelashes Are Outdated In 2024

@Iwantcoffee 

I first started wearing false lashes in 1981 when my daughter was born. I spent so much time perfecting my mascara that I thought surely putting false lashes on would be a Time Saver and as we all know having a newborn you need all the time Savers you can get. Then at some point I just stopped and I don't remember why. Then I picked it up again about 4 years ago and haven't looked back.  It takes half the time than applying and perfecting and separating eyelashes/ mascara.

Honored Contributor

@SportyShorty07 wrote:

@monicakm  You should continue to wear your glam false lashes whenever you want! I read that skinny jeans are "out" and I still wear mine.  Glittery highlighter is "out" and I still rock mine.  Who determines what's out anyway? If it still looks great, keep rocking it- that's what I say! Look- even Hello Kitty rocks false lashes! Smiley WinkHeart

Hello Kitty Clipart, Transparent PNG Clipart Images Free Download , Page 2  - ClipartMax

Oh, I go for anythiing sparkly or glittery.  Hadn't heard of glittery hightligher.  Are you talking eye highligher or face?  I don't think I would go for glittery on my face, but I did just order some eyeliner that has glitter in it.  I wore sparkly cowboy boots yesterday too.  

Honored Contributor

I have never heard of tattoo eyelashes. Going to have to Google that.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

I have never heard of tattoo eyelashes. Going to have to Google that.

@monicakm Maybe she was referring to eyelash extensions.

Honored Contributor

@SportyShorty07 

Oh I will definitely keep wearing what I want to  ( within reason) and skinny jeans is one of those things within reason! I smile when I see an elderly lady out and about with nice makeup on. I know she's taking the time to care about how she presents herself to the world. We spoke with one such lady outside the eye doctor office today as we waited for the solar eclipse.  She said she wished everyone was looking up towards the heavens looking for God instead of a solar eclipse.  I love meeting strangers and striking up conversations. You never know who you're going to meet and what kind of delightful conversations you'll experience.

Trusted Contributor

@Icegoddess  Honestly, I don't know exactly WHAT I MEAN because I just heard something about having a "permanent mascara" applied, like eyebrow tattoos?  That would solve my problem as even when I just did my normal shopping, my eyes would (presumably) look less "washed out."

I'll google.  Thanks!

Respected Contributor

@monicakm  I love to look at people's outfits, hair and makeup when I'm out and about and its fun to strike up conversations with people.  Whether its small talk at the grocery store or while out and about, I enjoy going outside and opening myself up to interactions. I bet the woman you spoke to during the eclipse enjoyed meeting you too! Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Hi @ monicakm
I only thought the post from teganslaw was just saying that it doesn't matter what someone said about what's in or out, if you like it that's all that matters. Thats the way her post read to me.
I know many women who wear them. Some are very beautiful to me and look natural. I did work with a lady that looked like she was waving to me when she spoke to me. I had trouble following what she was saying. I always had to ask her to repeat herself because I couldn't for the life of me concentrate on what she was saying. All I could do was stare at her huge fake lashes.
But that's what she liked so I never asked about them.
But I say do what makes you feel pretty. I personally love all forms of makeup.
Honored Contributor

I just don't find fake very attractive.  I never have. 

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess  Ooh I bet you looked great in those stylish and sparkly cowgirl boots Smiley Very Happy!! I love sparkly things and sparkly makeup.  I wear sparkly face highlighter and sparkly eyeshadow.  Shimmer, glitter, sparkle, luster- any makeup product that catches the light is fun for me to wear.