Frequent Contributor

Re: Eyeliner Colors for Blue Eyes

I have fair skin and light blue/grey eyes. I think browns really make me look completely washed out, kind of dirty honestly. Silver and plums look very casual, almost make me look tired. Emerald green really brings out the grey in my eyes, almost makes me look exotic it looks fantastic in the summer when I'm tan. But mostly I stick with navy and black, navy really draws attention to my eyes and I think makes the whites look brighter on days when I'm tired.

My sister has medium rich blue eyes and she looks great in every color, so I really think it depends on the shade of blue eyes more than skintone.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you all of my wonderful ladies for your great help! O may have to get an eyeliner in each color suggested here!!

Esteemed Contributor

Quinny, you need to experiment to find what's good on you. I use Rimmel or Jordana eyeliners - they're cheap but excellent, and come in every color imaginable.

I'm 65, blue eyes, fair skin -- brown or black liners have never looked good on me, even tho they're OK on others. My old eyes look fabulous in charcoal greys, navy blues, and hunter greens. Plums and purples make me look like I've been crying.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

From the Book Looking Younger by MUA Robert Jones he recommends for blue eyes eyeliner in

warm brown,bronze,taupe,bugundy

For Eyeshadow golden brown, warm taupe,copper,golden khaki, rich raisin, and charcoal

Hope this helps.

Respected Contributor

I have blue eyes and use 3D orchid by Smashbox. It really makes my eye color pop. I use Shimmering Taupe eye shadow by Mally, which really brings out the blue. It's a gray taupe color.
Honored Contributor

Finally got back here. I also have blue/grey eyes. I used to do a lot of eye-makeovers...that's why I mentioned ....what color of blue. I like charcoal, purple, dark plum (one that doesn't pull red) and some bronze colors. Regular browns look muddy on me and I can't wear anything that pulls too much red or orange. Sorry it took me so long to get back but it looks like you have a lot of good advice. Smile

Frequent Contributor

thanks for the teal suggestion.I happened to have a teal pencil never worn.I tried it and like it a lot thanks

Super Contributor

On 1/20/2015 betteb said:
On 1/20/2015 Marybella said:
On 1/20/2015 kahootz said:

My blue eyes pop when I wear a bronze color eye liner

Which one have you found has enough color for lining? I have purchased bronze eyeliners in the past, but sometimes they make me look washed out because they are not dark enough. But you're right - bronze is supposed to be a great color for blue eyes.

Sue Devitt is my favorite. I think Bobbi Brown has one too.

betteb, where are you finding Sue Devitt? I couldn't find it except for eBay.

AmazonSmile http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=2623358011

Thank you for the link. I'm checking it out.

Super Contributor

On 1/21/2015 care giver said:

thanks for the teal suggestion.I happened to have a teal pencil never worn.I tried it and like it a lot thanks

I use a teal pencil by Lancôme and like it a lot for my blue eyes.

Super Contributor

I have blue eyes and blonde highlighted hair. My current favorite eyeliner is a gel eyeliner by Bobbi Brown in a limited edition color called Black Scotch.

I also use Chocolate Shimmer Ink, Espresso, and Dark Chocolate (limited edition) shades by Bobbi Brown.