Trusted Contributor

Eyeliner Colors for Blue Eyes

I have always worn dark brown eyeliner. My skin is fair to medium and black always seemed really harsh looking on me.

I'm thinking about trying an eyeliner color. There are millions!

I would like some suggestions on what colors of eyeliners looked best on blue eyes.

I always wear a very neutral taupe eye.

Thank you my friends!

Honored Contributor

Re: Eyeliner Colors for Blue Eyes

Just a thought....I see this question asked sometimes and I think it would be helpful if we knew what color of blue eyes you have. Like bright blue, blue/grey, etc.

Frequent Contributor

Quinny, I'm 61, silver hair and the once very blue eyes have faded with age. I wear a very deep violet/purple eyeliner and it really helps the old eyes pop and looks nice with my hair color.

Honored Contributor

I don't have blue eyes - but I think NAVY. IT pencil gels has a really pretty dark navy that would look great on you, especially with the more neutral shadows. That's what I do most of the time. My eyes are hazel. I wear neutral shadows, but have fun playing with colored eye liners. I don't do well with black, so I stick with very dark brown instead. I wear navy, because everyone says it makes the whites of your eyes look whiter, and they're right! Smile

Trusted Contributor

I think both purple and navy would be beautiful and you might also want to try dark green and grey.

Respected Contributor

I have blue eyes and when I wear eyeliner I either use blue, brown or purple. HTH!

Esteemed Contributor

My blue eyes pop when I wear a bronze color eye liner

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Valued Contributor

While I tend to still gravitate toward browns or bronzes, I do LOVE wearing plums. I know it doesn't seem like plums would work well on blue eyes, but I love it. Tarte has a few deep plum colors, in the chubbier pencils with the smudger on the end.

Super Contributor

On 1/20/2015 betteb said:

Which one have you found has enough color for lining? I have purchased bronze eyeliners in the past, but sometimes they make me look washed out because they are not dark enough. But you're right - bronze is supposed to be a great color for blue eyes.

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/20/2015 kahootz said:
On 1/20/2015 betteb said:

Which one have you found has enough color for lining? I have purchased bronze eyeliners in the past, but sometimes they make me look washed out because they are not dark enough. But you're right - bronze is supposed to be a great color for blue eyes.

Sue Devitt is my favorite. I think Bobbi Brown has one too.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines