Valued Contributor

Re: Eyeliner Colors for Blue Eyes

On 1/20/2015 betteb said:
On 1/20/2015 kahootz said:

My blue eyes pop when I wear a bronze color eye liner

Which one have you found has enough color for lining? I have purchased bronze eyeliners in the past, but sometimes they make me look washed out because they are not dark enough. But you're right - bronze is supposed to be a great color for blue eyes.

Sue Devitt is my favorite. I think Bobbi Brown has one too.

betteb, where are you finding Sue Devitt? I couldn't find it except for eBay.

Super Contributor

Which one have you found has enough color for lining? I have purchased bronze eyeliners in the past, but sometimes they make me look washed out because they are not dark enough. But you're right - bronze is supposed to be a great color for blue eyes.

Wow, I didn't even know anyone carried Sue Devitt anymore but I used to really like her products. I'll have to check out Bobbi Brown's eye liners next time in Sephora or Nordstrom's. Thanks.

Contributor

Quinny, I have blue eyes & surprisingly enough to me, the color of eyeliner that looks best on me is a teal, a bluish green, not too dark but medium. I never would've guessed it but it actually brings out the blue in my eyes even more.

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/20/2015 Marybella said:

AmazonSmile http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=2623358011

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor

Wow, I didn't even know anyone carried Sue Devitt anymore but I used to really like her products. I'll have to check out Bobbi Brown's eye liners next time in Sephora or Nordstrom's. Thanks.

She's on Amazon, I just linked it in post #13{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} She has great stuff!

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Trusted Contributor

I have blue eyes. I think bronze, navy and purple eyeliner are best for emphasizing the blue.

Trusted Contributor

On 1/20/2015 glmama said:

While I tend to still gravitate toward browns or bronzes, I do LOVE wearing plums. I know it doesn't seem like plums would work well on blue eyes, but I love it. Tarte has a few deep plum colors, in the chubbier pencils with the smudger on the end.

I second plum liner for blue eyes. I've found the purples with a little red in them like plum or aubergine look better on my blue eyes than the bluer purples like violet. They seem to really bring out the blue like certain shades of bronze do also.

Trusted Contributor

On 1/20/2015 Marybella said:

Sue devitt tanzania (I think is the color) and its the best ive found for my blue eyes. I was running out and found it at a warehouse/closeout store here in the northeast called ocean state job lots. I think it was 3 bucks. At one point I saw it under a different brand name in soft surroundings catalog. I liked all her products, wish she were still manufacturing.
Honored Contributor

According to beauty pros, eyeliner in browns really pop blue eyes: black-brown, dark brown, and chocolate brown

ETA:

extra nice against your light eye color: black or black-brown mascara with the above liner colors

Honored Contributor

Clinique's Egyptian Cream Shaper eyeliner pencil is a great shade for blue eyes. Actually, I think it's a unique shade that would look pretty on any eye color.

It's received amazingly high reviews on makeupalley -- http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=64349/Cream-Shaper-for-Eyes-in-Egyptian-/Cl...

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland