Valued Contributor

Re: Eye Shadow On Your Brow Bone

I was buying some Bobbi Brown cream shadows and asked which one was best for the brow bone and was told not to use a cream shadow there as it had too much texture for that area. Was told that powder shadows work best there even when using cream ones on the lid. If you use a lighter base before shadow all over the lid, I think that's enough highlight. Maybe try one of those sheer highlighter liquids there that just catch the light. I think the browbone highlights look better on medium to darker complexions.

Regular Contributor

Hi Jordan2, I have a good friend who is an international make up artist and he told me to always use a light color directly under my brow bone. He said it makes your eyes appear more wide awake and the upper lid lifted. I took his advice and he was right! It really does give the illusion that my eyes are lifted. I like to use the shadow sticks by Mally and Laura Mercier. They blend beautifully and last all day. Also, IT cosmetics has a brow highlighter with their brow gel with brush. I love that too. They have one side a matte highlighter and the other end is a pearl highlighter. Try it and see if you get the same results as I have. I never leave home without it now! You can use powder shadow too and it works just as well. I am 47 and I need the "lifted" look. lol Good luck! Play with some and see what works best for you!

Honored Contributor

brow bone AND cheek bone

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor

On 2/23/2014 jordan2 said:

Thanks to everyone for your replies. I guess I'll have to look for an eye shadow that is light in color for my brow bone. Honestly sometimes I'm in a hurry and look to cut out some steps in my makeup routine!

OF COURSE!! Wearing a powder over your cream shadow is the way to ensure it will not crease. You just wear a similar color over it. OR you can do a slightly different color to change the look. You can use a cream on the lid, then a powder in the crease, however. Done properly, the light color on the brow bone can really open up the eye.