Honored Contributor

Re: Expensive Makeup Brushes

@monicakm wrote:

During Black Friday I purchased 3 Sigma brushes.  First high-end brushes I've ever purchased.  Can I tell a difference?  Absolutely!  They are very nice.  Will I buy more.  I doubt it.  I can't tell that my makeup looked any better using the spendy brushes vs the Real Technique brushes.  Glad I tried them and got it out of my system that I was missing something integral/essential to my makeup application.

@monicakm   Iknow you're happy with your new brushes. I may be the wrong one to ask about expensive brushes (have a boat load), but the truth isn't in the application, but rather how they well they wash and how long they last. Money always well spent for anyone who loves makeup as much as you do. 

Happy New Year Monica.

Honored Contributor

@TrulyMe  I purchased the BK brushes and the Angie Hot 'N Flashy wet of eye brushes on sale. They were so great, I purchased a second set for personal set.

They recently released an additional set to fill in the gaps and when they went on sale, I purchased 2 sets of those.

I know different circumstances for me, since I can write them off for business, but wow a good brush can make a diffference and they do last. I still have my BB brushes I purchased decades ago.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@TrulyMe 

I could feel a difference but I didn't see a difference in my makeup application.  I forgot about the Sigma brush that came in my Sigma Mod e/s palette.  I guess it never struck me as anything super wonderful.  If I had thought about it, I would have purchased BK Beauty instead (if they were having a sale on them).

@monicakm  BK had a big sale before Christmas. They're less expensive as a set than individually. 

Honored Contributor

@kate2357 wrote:

@MakeUpMaidn wrote:

@monicakm 

Beware.  Oftentimes even the best of brush suppliers, might supply their least quality brushes in their Makeup sets. So not necessarily a good example of their continued, "brush purchase only" quality.

Then there's other occasions where Beauties find inferior brushes supplied in other ways.  I remember when IT Cosm came out with their very 1st "Christmas Brush-only Set,"  Many ppl thought them inferior to the IT brush that was included in their original makeup sets.

@MakeUpMaidn 

I purchased that IT brush set and it was horrible quality...nothing like the original brushes. Turned me off the entire IT line.

@kate2357   I don't think the IT brushes at ULTA are the same quality as the ones from Q. I've tried both and the Q brushes have lasted and not lost any bristles after years of lots of use and washing.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm   The best and most expensive brushes I own are the Westman Atilier ones. Quite luxurious. I keep them at home in their own glass container and treat them like babies.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@kate2357 wrote:

@MakeUpMaidn wrote:

@monicakm 

Beware.  Oftentimes even the best of brush suppliers, might supply their least quality brushes in their Makeup sets. So not necessarily a good example of their continued, "brush purchase only" quality.

Then there's other occasions where Beauties find inferior brushes supplied in other ways.  I remember when IT Cosm came out with their very 1st "Christmas Brush-only Set,"  Many ppl thought them inferior to the IT brush that was included in their original makeup sets.

@MakeUpMaidn 

I purchased that IT brush set and it was horrible quality...nothing like the original brushes. Turned me off the entire IT line.

@kate2357   I don't think the IT brushes at ULTA are the same quality as the ones from Q. I've tried both and the Q brushes have lasted and not lost any bristles after years of lots of use and washing.

@Shanus 

The IT brush set I bought was from QVC and they were not good at all. I still have two IT brushes that came with some IT product I purchased from the Q and the brushes were/are terrific.

At this point I don't need a lot of brushes because I don't wear makeup very often...maybe 1 or 2 times a week. I also am a makeup minimalist as I think I look better when I use a light amount of makeup.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

Goodness, I'd say you do. I guess I'm just not that person.