Super Contributor
On 2/6/2015 suzyQ3 said:

I am just not wowed, at least by the presentation this morning. Just one example: I did not think that the foundation looked very natural at all.

Also, I checked out the moisturizing primer, the one that the host said is $42 on Eve Pearl's site (wrong -- it's $28, three dollars LESS than the QVC price.) I also found the ingredients for this product on her site, which don't thrill me:

INGREDIENTS: Aqua (Water/Eau), Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Tridecyl Stearate, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Stearic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Dimethicone, Panthenol, Allantoin, Carbomer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Triethanolamine, Fragrance (Parfum), Disodium EDTA, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylisothiazolinon, Caramel

I haven't tried her foundations ( she has a few) but as I mentioned above, I really like her salmon concealer. I don't think her foundations are the backbone of her line. The concealer is very popular, which got me to try her and I have not been disappointed with that.

I didn't watch the show this morning, but I know that her presentations can be less than stimulating - especially compared to other cosmetics vendors on the Q!{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor
On 2/6/2015 Crisso said:
On 2/6/2015 suzyQ3 said:

I am just not wowed, at least by the presentation this morning. Just one example: I did not think that the foundation looked very natural at all.

Also, I checked out the moisturizing primer, the one that the host said is $42 on Eve Pearl's site (wrong -- it's $28, three dollars LESS than the QVC price.) I also found the ingredients for this product on her site, which don't thrill me:

INGREDIENTS: Aqua (Water/Eau), Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Tridecyl Stearate, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Stearic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Dimethicone, Panthenol, Allantoin, Carbomer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Triethanolamine, Fragrance (Parfum), Disodium EDTA, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylisothiazolinon, Caramel

I haven't tried her foundations ( she has a few) but as I mentioned above, I really like her salmon concealer. I don't think her foundations are the backbone of her line. The concealer is very popular, which got me to try her and I have not been disappointed with that.

I didn't watch the show this morning, but I know that her presentations can be less than stimulating - especially compared to other cosmetics vendors on the Q!{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I thought the presentation was very well done and that she was very enthusiastic about her products. I just wasn't overwhelmed with the results I saw on air.

Maybe it's easy to get a bit jaded after you've seen umpteenth presentations of every type of cosmetic item imaginable. Wink

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

This is the first time I saw a presentation of Eve Pearl. I was impressed with a few items. I went to her website and the prices are the same as QVC. I thought the Q was suppose to be le ss. Go figure. I did not cave but will definitely try in the future. The Invisible powder that turns matte really look interesting. anyone have it? If so, I would like your comments about it. Thanks.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor
On 2/6/2015 Crisso said:
On 2/6/2015 HappyDaze said:
On 2/6/2015 Crisso said:

I don't know anything about this line. Does anyone know if it is cruelty free (and if owned by a parent company, who it is?). Which items are good? TIA!

According to the Eve Pearl website, they do not do animal testing nor do they "contract third parties" to do animal testing. You know that I take what companies say with a grain of salt, so I have been searching for some time now to find this company on other "lists" (I have some faves from Eve Pearl) but there is nothing.

I have been using her salmon concealer (reference to the color, not the fish!) for a very long time. I think it is the best concealer out there and will be heart-broken if it turns out they do use animal ingredients! I have also used her liquid eyeliner pencil - 5 stars (out of 5). I never dabbled in anything else because this line is expensive. Maybe it will be less expensive on QVC?

Thanks Crisso! I will check out those products. Does the salmon concealer help to hide dark circles or something else? I LOL at the "reference to the color, not the fish!" comment knowing my stance on animal ingredients. LOL! Smiley Happy

It hides dark circles very well. It is a cream (vs. liquid). I have used it as well for dark spots (sun spots) and redness around the nose. The ingredient deck is good.

I knew you would appreciate the "fish" reference! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

So I read up on the concealer and I really like that it has sunscreen in it! You hardly ever find a concealer with sunscreen.

Honored Contributor
On 2/6/2015 Crisso said:
On 2/6/2015 Crisso said:

I don't know anything about this line. Does anyone know if it is cruelty free (and if owned by a parent company, who it is?). Which items are good? TIA!

According to the Eve Pearl website, they do not do animal testing nor do they "contract third parties" to do animal testing. You know that I take what companies say with a grain of salt, so I have been searching for some time now to find this company on other "lists" (I have some faves from Eve Pearl) but there is nothing.

I have been using her salmon concealer (reference to the color, not the fish!) for a very long time. I think it is the best concealer out there and will be heart-broken if it turns out they do use animal ingredients! I have also used her liquid eyeliner pencil - 5 stars (out of 5). I never dabbled in anything else because this line is expensive. Maybe it will be less expensive on QVC?

Thanks Crisso! I will check out those products. Does the salmon concealer help to hide dark circles or something else? I LOL at the "reference to the color, not the fish!" comment knowing my stance on animal ingredients. LOL! Smiley Happy

It hides dark circles very well. It is a cream (vs. liquid). I have used it as well for dark spots (sun spots) and redness around the nose. The ingredient deck is good.

I knew you would appreciate the "fish" reference! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

So I read up on the concealer and I really like that it has sunscreen in it! You hardly ever find a concealer with sunscreen.

HD, I checked out her concealers on her site. It's confusing because only one actually even mentions that it has sun protection. And the only ingredient that I see could be relevant there is titanium dioxide, but it's listed after "may" include, which is the same place I find it on all her others. And just to compare, I checked It Cosmetics BBUE, and TO is listed in the same way.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor
On 2/7/2015 suzyQ3 said:
On 2/6/2015 HappyDaze said:So I read up on the concealer and I really like that it has sunscreen in it! You hardly ever find a concealer with sunscreen.

HD, I checked out her concealers on her site. It's confusing because only one actually even mentions that it has sun protection. And the only ingredient that I see could be relevant there is titanium dioxide, but it's listed after "may" include, which is the same place I find it on all her others. And just to compare, I checked It Cosmetics BBUE, and TO is listed in the same way.

Does BBUE say it contains sunscreen? I can't remember.

You know, the other thing I noticed is that you can get the pro palette refill which contain about .11g of product for $20 but if you buy the single color in the jar or the dual concealer they are $38+ and it is pretty much the same amount! I don't think I'd do the dual anyway because only the fair would work for me, the light would be too dark.

Honored Contributor
On 2/7/2015 HappyDaze said:
On 2/7/2015 suzyQ3 said:
On 2/6/2015 HappyDaze said:So I read up on the concealer and I really like that it has sunscreen in it! You hardly ever find a concealer with sunscreen.

You know, the other thing I noticed is that you can get the pro palette refill which contain about .11g of product for $20 but if you buy the single color in the jar or the dual concealer they are $38+ and it is pretty much the same amount! I don't think I'd do the dual anyway because only the fair would work for me, the light would be too dark.

No, it doesn't. But that's my point. Both ingredient decks have TO in the exact same position, after the "may include." And odd that only one of Eve Pearl's concealer selections on her site even mention sun protection, but all have the TO the same.

I don't know. If you think it might be a good concealer for you in general, then it might be worthwhile to try. I just wouldn't necessarily take it to the bank that it has any more protection than other concealers.

You can check out MUA. There are two listings with reviews.

Honored Contributor
On 2/7/2015 suzyQ3 said:
On 2/7/2015 suzyQ3 said:

No, it doesn't. But that's my point. Both ingredient decks have TO in the exact same position, after the "may include." And odd that only one of Eve Pearl's concealer selections on her site even mention sun protection, but all have the TO the same.

I don't know. If you think it might be a good concealer for you in general, then it might be worthwhile to try. I just wouldn't necessarily take it to the bank that it has any more protection than other concealers.

You can check out MUA. There are two listings with reviews.

yeah, I do know what your point was, I just couldn't remember if BBUE claimed to have SPF either. It doesn't really matter much since I ALWAYS wear an SPF under my makeup, even under my BB cream which also contains SPF. I just thought it would be cool if it also had it but if not, not a big deal. I may try it eventually when she has one of her 40% off deals (saw online that she has them occasionally) but was surprised her website doesn't have any newsletter or anything to subscribe to to know when sales, etc are going on. I don't know of one website that doesn't these days!

Respected Contributor
On 2/6/2015 suzyQ3 said:

Actually, you're incorrect. The moisturizing primer here on the Q is the Moisturizing primer with Astaxanthnn which is indeed $42 on the Eve Pearl website.

Super Contributor
On 2/7/2015 suzyQ3 said:

It does contain sunscreen actives. Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate See Paula B: says it is an sunscreen active and also to see: octyl methoxycinnamate

Categories: Sunscreen Actives

This is under the dual salmon concealer. That's the one I use because I can custom blend, especially for 4 seasons (taking into account faux tan etc)