Respected Contributor

O/T Does anyone have an update about ALL YOU magazine?

I originally posted about this back in December and I was wondering if anyone has received the postcard that they said we'll be getting in the mail? Has anyone gotten a magazine substitution from them or a refund?

I have called their customer service number three times since December. Everytime I get the same round around. All accounts have been closed and they can't issue a refund or offer a substitution until I receive the postcard. According to each person I spoke to they don't even know what magazines will be offered as a substitute.

I checked out All You's facebook page and there are a TON of complaints. NO ONE was ever informed that they were ceasing publication; everyone found out the same way I did - by calling customer service for their missed January issue. Some people posted that they automatically got either ESSENCE or SOUTHERN LIVING as a substitute and I think one person claimed they were getting a refund (will they actually get it, who knows?)

Today was the third time I called. I was told I would be getting a postcard in the next 4-6 weeks. They can't give me a refund or any idea what magazines would be substituted. Blah, blah, blah!!!

Has anyone had any luck with them???

Super Contributor

Re: O/T Does anyone have an update about ALL YOU magazine?

I got a card last week that that i will be getting sunset magazine and if i didn't want it they had a number to call and cancel.

Occasional Contributor

I have called and emailed several times, and have got no where.   Would love to receive "Real Simple" magazine in place of All You, but was told by the customer service rep that may not be a choice.   I don't know why it's been so difficult and taking so long.   Have not received any postcard.  

Honored Contributor

@lmt - see this thread:

All You

Respected Contributor

@plc123 wrote:

I got a card last week that that i will be getting sunset magazine and if i didn't want it they had a number to call and cancel.

Wow, it seems that you're one of the lucky ones. For the life of me, I don't know why everyone wasn't informed of this back in November or December.  They knew it was folding back in OCTOBER......they had plenty of time to inform their subscribers.  Smiley Mad

I was a subscriber to Ladies Home Journal. When they folded I received a letter 2-3 months before the last issue.

Respected Contributor

@Sunset Beach Fan wrote:

I have called and emailed several times, and have got no where.   Would love to receive "Real Simple" magazine in place of All You, but was told by the customer service rep that may not be a choice.   I don't know why it's been so difficult and taking so long.   Have not received any postcard.  

That would be nice, I love Real Simple too. But don't count on it.

When Ladies Home Journal folded, I was given a choice of three magazines. I ended up with Family Circle. I forget what the other two offers were but Family CIrcle was the only one I was half way interested in. And I wasn't given the option for a refund.

So far, the only options I keep hearing about are Essence, Southern Living and, as someone mentioned above, Sunset. I have ZERO interest in any of them!

Respected Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@lmt - see this thread:

All You

Thanks, I somehow missed that thread.

Well, I learned one very important lesson from all this. I will NEVER renew ANY subscriptions for more than one year ever again!!! No matter if it's the greatest deal on earth or whatever other incentive they may throw in.

As was mentioned in that thread, I too can maybe see why other magazines will slowly fade away. People today have very busy lives and don't have time to sit down and enjoy a magazine the way they used to. Plus, most magazines offer a digital copy and it's much cheaper to go that route than to actually print and distribute them. And it seems that most people prefer it that way too.

I'm down to 7 monthy magazines and I think I may just let most of them run out. Some of them are so thin in content these days it's a joke. Vanity Fair also charges $3 to mail it to you. I'm surprised that more magazines don't charge a mailing fee - maybe they do and I'm just not aware of it.

Honored Contributor

I too subscribed to this magazine and my subscription was supposed to go until May.  I didn't realize they had folded until I read the other thread.  It dawned on me that I hadn't rec'd an issue from December.

I've not called about it and I have no expectation that I'll get another magazine or a refund and I'm putting no effort into it since it's only a few months for me.   

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I too subscribed to this magazine and my subscription was supposed to go until May.  I didn't realize they had folded until I read the other thread.  It dawned on me that I hadn't rec'd an issue from December.

I've not called about it and I have no expectation that I'll get another magazine or a refund and I'm putting no effort into it since it's only a few months for me.   

That's not too bad. If you don't hear from them you're only out a few issues.

Unfortunately for me, my subscription was valid until October 2017. 

Trusted Contributor

I've kept track of all of my emails to them (9 in all) and always receive the same generic answer that they are tryng to solve the problem.  The reply I got from my 8th email said that they were looking at alternative publications for subscribers to receive until their current ALL YOU subscription had expired.  I responded to them by saying that I had paid them in complete for a subscription that still had several months remaining and I had NOT given them permission to decide on how they were going to spend it on an alternative publication.  I told them I wanted my money back ASAP.

I called their offices twice.  The second time I called, I got a customer service representative who was helpful and told me how many more issues were remaining on my account and what the dollar amount came to on those remaining issues.  She said that I could get a refund.  After several weeks went by, I contacted them by email with all of the details of the phone call, the name of the woman I spoke with, the numbers, th dollar amount and the fact that she said I could get a refund.  I heard back from them denying all of it and telling me that particular customer representative I had spoken with had been misinformed.

I suspecect they have NO plan to get in touch with all of the customers they still owe money to for already paid for issues and most likely we won't hear from them again.