Honored Contributor
On 2/7/2015 Crisso said:
On 2/7/2015 suzyQ3 said:
On 2/7/2015 Crisso said:
On 2/7/2015 HappyDaze said:

okay I'd have to look into it further because I really cannot do chemical sunscreens, especially close to my eyes. They really bother me. So if it does, I will have to pass. Thanks ladies!

I respect that. I have come to the conclusion that, as with parabens, it is a matter of balance. The media has made much of "harmful" chemical products, but without much research as backup. The % used in cosmetics is so minor that the benefits it achieves - keeping a product fresh and clear of contamination vs 'natural' products and very harmful bacteria resulting from very short use-by dates (which are rarely advertised) that it comes out ahead. Same can be said of chemical sunscreen actives. Non-chemicals have a short shelf-life and leaves one exposed to harmful sun rays.

In any event, I always use barriers before applying anything (and I use very little makeup) such as primers etc over which a cosmetic product will lay adding an additional protective layer from direct contact to the skin.

I agree wholeheartedly with your general philosophy about what is often just fear-mongering. But I think that when it comes to sunscreen, it's not necessarily an aversion to the chemical themselves (although you do see that on this board quite often) but rather that some people are sensitive to the chemicals, especially near the eyes.

I am able to use a fairly high SPF sunscreen for my exercise walking that is a mix of physical and chemical without any such problems. But my when my husband put some on, at my insistence, he did not fare well at all. Such a sensitive guy he is. Smile

And then are those who can't tolerate the physical titanium dioxide or zinc very well.

I agree. I was "insensitive" in failing to mention it. Ha ha ha ha! Seriously, I should have made mention of it! {#emotions_dlg.blushing}

Smile

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I actually just watched the full presentation and learned alot! It was refereshing to see a new brand I've never heard of and to see new tips and tricks I've never seen/heard before. I thought Joy looked great- the host, not so much but I think that was more her tan that was throwing off her look. I really wish they would have let the vendor finish though even if the item sold out. The idea of the foundation is interesting- never thought to do a "face" like that.

Honored Contributor
is she the makeup artist that did her presentations with Emmy Awards on the set?
Honored Contributor
On 2/7/2015 Andreatoo said: is she the makeup artist that did her presentations with Emmy Awards on the set?

yes, there were some awards on the set.

Contributor
I just checked out her site and it is $42.00