Honored Contributor

Re: Demi Moore - makeup free

[ Edited ]

@CANDLEQUEEN 

My tag line should be (and used to be in other forums) "lighting is everything".  It's true in beauty and home.  I like to have dim rose or pink lighting at night in my bedroom.  I have lighting in my bathroom that mimics the look (and flicker) of candle light.  It's a poor woman's answer to a fireplace in her bathroom Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Demi has a great skin care regimen, but if she's had botox or whatever ... SO WHAT?     

If your face was photographed frequently and your getting jobs was based in great part on your APPEARANCE, you'd be doing what a lot of actresses do, too.

Think about this ....  if you took close up photos of 30 women, all age 59, and placed them side by side, you'd see a vast difference in their appearance.  Genes, smoking, sun exposure, use of retinol, diet, alcohol consumption,  etc etc causes great differences.   A woman who lives in very humid Florida will have fewer wrinkles than one who lives in very dry Arizona.   We all know that.

IMO, the key point here is that some women do a LOT to take good care of their skin, whether they have plastic surgery or not.   Other women slap on a little night cream, and that's the extent of their "skin care regimen".   Results will vary a great deal.       

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

undefined

This is a really nice picture of her and looks natural. 

I do think she should find a better neck/decollette treatment, she is showing her age there. 

I love the cam flash/twinkles in her eyes! 

Respected Contributor

@greamy wrote:

Just a thought, I have Sisters who never wore makeup, maybe a little lipstick once in a while. Their skin was FAR better looking than mine who has always worn makeup daily. I wonder if there is something to this going without makeup for better looking skin. Just wondering??

I will definitely agree with that!  The women I know that do not use makeup, have far better looking skin than most women I know that do.  I have an aunt close to 80 who could easily pass for 10-15 years younger.  Another friend that is 55 easily can pass for 40.

Lifestyle will play a great role.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 I don't give a rat's patootie what Demi does or doesn't do to her face.  She can have her mouth moved to where her nose should be for all I care.

My issue is with all these women filtering their pictures to death is giving others an image that isn't real.

There are other women who are far more offensive with the filters and despite what anyone thinks, there are young girls who look up to some of these younger entertainers who post photos and videos that aren't even close to reality.  Then these young women end up with poor self-esteem or are chasing something that is unattainable.  

Some photos have so many filters and so much photoshopping, they don't even look like the original person.  One reality star I saw was trying to perfect herself so much she ended up without a belly button and didn't even realize it.  She forgot to go back and fix that. Others end up without nostrils, they look like they have glass eyes and some look like a fake doll.  

I have friends who post photos and it looks fuzzy, like they put vaseline over the lense but their skin is super smooth and perfect.  Of course we all know they don't look like this in real life.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 

So are you saying I should be thankful I live in a jungle type/humid area?  I guess my complexion is thankful but the rest of me is not.  I "slap" on 10 products at night and 3-4 for my daytime regimen.  I hope I look 25 Smiley Happy  BTW, I used to be a moisturizer only person and then added a retinol product from Neutrogena.  I've definitely seen a big improvement.  I wish I could see a side by side comparison of 1-2 products a night vs 10/night and 3-4/day.  I use a combination of highend, med and lowend.

Trusted Contributor

Good for her......

Have to say, tho' I've no interest in her, J Lo, Elizabeth Hurley and the other over- photographed older actresses and rarely look at their pics anymore.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 I don't give a rat's patootie what Demi does or doesn't do to her face.  She can have her mouth moved to where her nose should be for all I care.

My issue is with all these women filtering their pictures to death is giving others an image that isn't real.

There are other women who are far more offensive with the filters and despite what anyone thinks, there are young girls who look up to some of these younger entertainers who post photos and videos that aren't even close to reality.  Then these young women end up with poor self-esteem or are chasing something that is unattainable.  

Some photos have so many filters and so much photoshopping, they don't even look like the original person.  One reality star I saw was trying to perfect herself so much she ended up without a belly button and didn't even realize it.  She forgot to go back and fix that. Others end up without nostrils, they look like they have glass eyes and some look like a fake doll.  

I have friends who post photos and it looks fuzzy, like they put vaseline over the lense but their skin is super smooth and perfect.  Of course we all know they don't look like this in real life.

@Lipstickdiva 

I don't dispute anything you're saying, and agree that some women do get carried away.  And we all know that air brushing exists and is frequently used.    If young girls aren't told this, this isn't our fault ... although I think if they have a phone, they learn the settings.

I do agree that many years ago, fashion magazines showed only "perfect" women and back then even adult women didn't realize what went into the finished product.  Times have changed.  For that matter. I can't even recall the last time I went through a fasion magazine.   Since Covid, magazines aren't seen very much.

The thing is ... photos are taken all the time, by everybody,  and no one is obligated or required to sign an affidavit that this is all them with no makeup, no photoshopping, no airbrushing, no anything.   

Example ....  If a professional photo is being done for an author to go on their new book, and there's a little touch up of some sort, I still say "so what?".    Same with bridal photos .... if a pimple shows through, the photographer should erase it.   JMO, of course.

We all have flaws, and everybody knows that.   I don't think there's anything wrong with any woman having a few photos of herself that look just GREAT, meaning a great smile, great outfit, or a great pose .... even with a touch up or two.

Honored Contributor

"I've never seen a photo of anything that couldn't benefit from some post processing" said a man in a photography forum I used to be involved in.  100% agree.  That being said, there are times when post processing needs to be noted and times when it doesn't.  Personal photos need not be justified  but adverts should be.  

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

She has more wrinkles that I do when I smile.  I don't have the crow's feet or the wrinkles right under the eye.  Mine are a little lower on top of my cheekbones.  I'm sure living in CA and being a sun worshipper, like most have in the younger years, has a lot to do with it.  I'm more aligned with vampires Smiley Happy

undefined

Notice the difference in her cheeks, obviously fillers there (uneven now) and the difference between the smoothness of her face compared to her neck.....

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.