Honored Contributor

Re: Demi Moore - makeup free

@monicakm wrote:

@beckyb1012 

I've heard this argument before...good enough for grandma so it's good enough for me.  And that's fine if that's what you prefer to do, but grandma and great-grandma and even mom didn't have the technology and products that we have access to now.  Just like great-grandma likely drove a horse and carrige or at the very least a car with no AC Smiley Surprised  Great-grandma washed dishes and clothes by hand.  My grandmother lost a thumb on a manual wring type clothes wringer outer thingy.  Great grandma didn't have a microwave. Great-grandma didn't have Walmart grocery pickup!!!  Advances in technology and knowledge help make life better and skin look younger than it's years Smiley Happy  I know, not everything new is better but advances in skincare are.  Just two short years ago all I used was OoO.  The first product I added was Niacinamide.  O-M-Gosh!  That was the first game changer.  I feel like I benefit from every product I'm using right now.  At 62, my complexion looks better than it ever has.  

I am very proud of them all.  My Great Great grandmother had the first indoor bathroom in their home in our city.  60 on Christmas Eve this year and very happy to have toilet paper then the washcloths my great grandmother told me they had to use at her Mom's home.  Progress can be mighty fine!!

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Yes, progress is mighty fine.  Toilet paper is hardly used here.  We're saving trees!   Have been using bidet seats for 15 years.  totousa dot com 

Water wash, variable water temperature, heated seat and auto deodorizer.

Remote attaches to the wall.  Many companies make these.  And many are inexpensive manual attachments (vs electronic) like the first picture.

TOTO S550e Classic Washlet Cotton White Elongated Slow-Close Heated Bidet  Toilet Seat in the Toilet Seats department at Lowes.com

Manual, variable temperature water, no heated seat or deoderizer but a lot less spendy

Honored Contributor

@monicakm 

LOL .... you may be accustomed to not using TP to save trees and money, but I think I'll just continue to buy it whenever it's on sale .... and will be happy to personally plant trees if that helps the cause.  lol

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 

I understand it's a hard concept for most Americans to grasp.  The rest of the free world have been using them for hundreds of years.  But, they're increasingly popular in the US now.  Last year when everyone was scrambling for t-paper guess who wasn't Smiley Happy  This is the way I describe it to people who recoil at the idea.  If you've been working in your garden and need to clean up from all the mud/dirt/muck.  Would you use a dry paper towel and call it good?  Or would you shower/bathe?  It's soothing for new moms who have just given birth.  It's good for the elderly with motor skill issues or people who have had surgery and need help taking care of themselves.  It's especially beneficial/healthy for women's bits ALL the time.  It's just all around better and more hygienic for everyone.  My best friend has made fun of our bidets forever.  She said when the t-paper shortage hit, I was the first person she thought of lol

Honored Contributor

@Tinkerbell3 wrote:

????  What is the point of this post??

@Tinkerbell3 

????    Which post are you referring to?