Honored Contributor

Re: Cover FX Custom Color Drops -- anyone tried?

On 4/8/2015 fitfuninformed said:

Well, let me tell you - this is the first time I've truly been blown away by a product. I've tried them for two days now - first mixed into my fluid sheer spf (after first applying the spf alone to be sure I was getting my protection). I could not believe how beautiful it was. Today I mixed it with my matrixyl serum and applied after my spf - just stunning! The color is spot on (G40) and I am AMAZED at the finish.

It is something I was always looking for - just evening out my complexion without another LAYER sitting on top of my skin. It becomes your second skin in the best way possible. AND, I've only used one drop and achieved this fantastic finish, virtually undetectable.

I am truly impressed. RUN don't walk to try this item out.

ooh this sounds like something I'd truly love! Thank you for your excellent review!

Respected Contributor

Well, I tried mine again with my moisturizer today, but with less moisturizer this time. I'm definitely getting this. It really just looks like your skin looks great! I do still need concealer for under my eyes (moderate dark circles), and a little redness around my nose, but overall, great product. I think I'll try to,or row mixed with my SPF, but I like the added moisture of mixing with a moisturizing lotion.
Trusted Contributor

On 4/8/2015 FUTURE said: Well, I tried mine again with my moisturizer today, but with less moisturizer this time. I'm definitely getting this. It really just looks like your skin looks great! I do still need concealer for under my eyes (moderate dark circles), and a little redness around my nose, but overall, great product. I think I'll try to,or row mixed with my SPF, but I like the added moisture of mixing with a moisturizing lotion.

I'm glad you're digging it as much as I am. I understand your liking it with moisturizer because you want the added moisture, and I'm liking it with serum or spf because I am oily - it's just so versatile!

I think tomorrow I might try it with a primer and see how that is. I don't regularly use a primer (minimizing one of the "layers" I talk about) and this might work well!

Isn't it nice to see something new and truly different in the makeup world?

Valued Contributor

This is sitting on my doorstep and after reading through all of these replies, I cannot wait to give it a whirl! I was going to wait to use the 15% off on Sunday, but I am too impatient. So much so that we have dinner plans with friends, and I'm going home after work to wipe off my foundation and apply this with the tips I've learned here. Thanks ladies!

Honored Contributor

you guys are making me REALLY want it! I just love the sound of it looking like my skin but better and just the ease of use and eliminating a step. Just sounds perfect!

Trusted Contributor

Isn't it funny how these little things in life make us smile? I hope you like it as much as I do Lanikins! Enjoy your dinner with your friends!

Respected Contributor

Oh Ladies ~ I'm so glad that I opened this thread. This stuff sounds "perfect" for me. I just went and watched a video at their site. Looks wonderful. So many shades to choose from. I am going to check if ULTA sells this. It's a 50 mile round trip to go, but don't have a clue which shade to choose from so many. Who else sells this, anyone know...Maybe I could find someplace closer to me. Thank You OP!

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Valued Contributor

On 4/8/2015 Mistic said:

Oh Ladies ~ I'm so glad that I opened this thread. This stuff sounds "perfect" for me. I just went and watched a video at their site. Looks wonderful. So many shades to choose from. I am going to check if ULTA sells this. It's a 50 mile round trip to go, but don't have a clue which shade to choose from so many. Who else sells this, anyone know...Maybe I could find someplace closer to me. Thank You OP!

Looks like it's only available at Sephora now. I just read the Paula's Choice review which said to error on the dark side (one shade) if you're mixing with moisturizer.

Respected Contributor

On 4/8/2015 Lanikins said:
On 4/8/2015 Mistic said:

Looks like it's only available at Sephora now. I just read the Paula's Choice review which said to error on the dark side (one shade) if you're mixing with moisturizer.

OK, only at SEPHORA, and I don't have one. Are they a good company to shop with? Sorry if that sounds dumb, but I have no clue. Never been in one, or ordered from them before.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Regular Contributor

On 4/8/2015 Mistic said:
On 4/8/2015 Lanikins said:
On 4/8/2015 Mistic said:

OK, only at SEPHORA, and I don't have one. Are they a good company to shop with? Sorry if that sounds dumb, but I have no clue. Never been in one, or ordered from them before.

Yes, Cover FX is a good company. I ordered directly from their website and got the order in less than a week. I ordered from them because I was able to get a primer for half price when I ordered the drops. They are based in Toronto, but the shipment originated in Houston.

I mixed two drops with Paula's Choice Moisture Boost Moisturizing Cream on Sunday and loved the finish and how it wore throughout the day. I did set it with a light dusting of NARS Light Reflecting Loose Setting Powder and it was great.

Oops! I just noticed that you were talking about Sephora. They're a good company, also. I've shopped with them online and in the store for several years and I've never had a problem.