Respected Contributor

Cover FX Custom Color Drops -- anyone tried?

Needless to say, I'm very intrigued by this product. It's essentially pure pigment drops that you can add to anything for your face -- oils, moisturizer, tinted moisturizer and foundation (for more coverage), serum, etc etc etc. There is also quite a large shade range. They have to in my local JCP Sephora, so the next time I'm around one, I might see about getting a sample so I can play around with it a bit before I buy. The reviews on Sephora are stellar, but I haven't seen a lot of reviews and swatches. I'm going to look on YT tonight to see if I can find more info on colors, etc. Just wondering if anyone here has tried?
Respected Contributor

Re: Cover FX Custom Color Drops -- anyone tried?

Wanted to say, you add increasing number of drops (1-4) to increase your level of coverage, which is also nice, as some days you have better skin days than others. Well, at least I do! Smiley Happy I wish I had this in the winter so I could've mixed some cream and oil with this for a super hydrating product with coverage.
Respected Contributor

I saw this too and the drops look very interesting. I am more than interested because no matter what foundation, bb or cc cream I use, it all just seems to sit on top of my face no matter how much I blend or not. I am doing something wrong or my skin just doesn't like it. I normally go without foundation but sometimes I want a more finished look. Anyway, these look interesting. I am curious too if anyone has tried them.
Super Contributor

I've had the drops about a week now and I'm not sure yet. I have mainly used it with moisturizer and 2 drops of the pigments. Today I noticed that you really need to exfoliate good because it seemed to sit on my dry patches(I was in a hurry and didn't use a toner). I used the same amount of moisturizer I normally do and seem to have a lot left after applying to my whole face. Maybe I need to try it mixed with a few other things and report back. I saw a code if you buy from their site, get half off a primer when you use the code droplove or lovedrop when you purchase the pigment drops. Sorry I wasn't much help.
Respected Contributor

Beauty-junkie, I appreciate the review. It does help me because I was wondering since it is mixed in with moisturizer, would dry patches be a problem. Does it show every fine line and wrinkle? Once thing about my foundations so far, they are showing me more fine lines than I thought I had. Smiley Happy
Respected Contributor

Thanks a bunch, beauty junkie! I'm hoping to get a sample before the sale, so I can decide if I like it. I hate returning things, even if they really don't work, but this item is a little pricey. I'm glad they have a nice color range. I went to Sephora this wknd and wanted to look at the new Clinique two in one foundation/concealer product, but even the lightest shade was too dark AND yellow for me! And I'm not what I would consider porcelain, unless the shade range is limited. This one had a LOT of shades, but they definitely could use one (maybe two) lighter. Please keep us updated if you find a way to use the Cover FX drops that works for you. I was concerned about the dry patches,so I'm glad you mentioned that. Smiley Happy
Super Contributor

On 4/4/2015 aprilskies said: Beauty-junkie, I appreciate the review. It does help me because I was wondering since it is mixed in with moisturizer, would dry patches be a problem. Does it show every fine line and wrinkle? Once thing about my foundations so far, they are showing me more fine lines than I thought I had. Smiley Happy
I have combo skin and minimal fine lines/wrinkles, but when I use a toner it looks really good(or a scrub in the am). My main thing is I guess I need less moisturizer and maybe 1 drop of the pigments? I did watch Melissa Parada on YouTube when she reviewed the drops-it looked great on herSmiley Happy.
Super Contributor

On 4/4/2015 FUTURE said: Thanks a bunch, beauty junkie! I'm hoping to get a sample before the sale, so I can decide if I like it. I hate returning things, even if they really don't work, but this item is a little pricey. I'm glad they have a nice color range. I went to Sephora this wknd and wanted to look at the new Clinique two in one foundation/concealer product, but even the lightest shade was too dark AND yellow for me! And I'm not what I would consider porcelain, unless the shade range is limited. This one had a LOT of shades, but they definitely could use one (maybe two) lighter. Please keep us updated if you find a way to use the Cover FX drops that works for you. I was concerned about the dry patches,so I'm glad you mentioned that. Smiley Happy
I was unsure what shade to get, but I saw videos on YouTube and tried to use them for comparison. I have not mixed with oil because I have combo skin and tend to use oils at night(when I do a peel or Skinn microdermabrasion). I think I might have been using too many drops(2) and I'm going to try using 1 drop tomorrow and see what that looks like. I'll keep you posted for sure. Oh no, when's the Sephora sale? I'm trying to be good, but it's so hard with all the spring lines coming out.
Super Contributor

I had not heard of this product. Sounds interesting.

Respected Contributor

I think the sale starts April 12th for Rouge. I haven't seen confirmed dates yet, but that's the rumor on the interwebs. Smiley Wink