Honored Contributor

Happy Halloween & Last Day of October!

I had a good month. I used up several things, tossed one sample I realized I was never going to use, & I bought several drugstore items that I was out of or almost out of. Mascara, hairspray, eye cream, moisturizer for my face, etc. No unnecessary purchases.

I did start my fall clothes shopping. I bought a few basic things. None of the fun items yet. Those will be coming in November, I think. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} Someday I will stop losing weight & maintain my size... That is going to be interesting. I've been dropping sizes so long that I don't remember what it is like to have lots of clothes that fit.

I do think I will be making one completely unnecessary beauty purchase in a week or two. I believe I will treat myself to the BE November TS - on AD. I think I will use all the things in the kit.

It has been 2 years since I bought a BE kit. I haven't been buying other kits or lots of shadows/blushes at the local stores, either. I really enjoy & use my little collection of shadows. I'm always trying different combinations.

Honored Contributor

I take favorite shoes to be repaired rather than toss them. Good shoes are worth it!

Super Contributor

Junkie, a D&B for that price and you didn't snatch it up? We are all in awe (at least I am) and hereby pronounce you "cured of clutter."

It's almost November, so I should wait to post, but I wanted to say I am the proud owner of a new sewing machine, and I've been through all my old sewing supplies and pared them down to what's needed right now. I may never have to buy an item of clothing again--I can shop in my own closet and just cut things down. Poor QVC, no more trolling their "bargains."

I've now got a stash of household and personal and office supplies that contains only what I actually use, a routine in place for checking the inventory and replacing only what I need. I really don't have a craving for more jewelry or accessories. I don't need anything for my home--oh, besides bigger home improvement projects, but that's different.

So, what else will I buy in the coming year besides the occasional pair of shoes, or replacements things that wear out like underwear and dish towels? Maybe nothing! Maybe join a wine club! Maybe more ballet tickets! Organic meat! Gifts!

Kinda exciting.

Honored Contributor

Beauty$Junkie, I agree with Kay! I probably would have caved on that one.

I snatched up a vintage D&B at a consignment store a few years ago for less than $20 and was very impressed with my deal.

Kay, enjoy your new machine! I would love one.

Honored Contributor
On 10/31/2014 Kay SD said:

Junkie, a D&B for that price and you didn't snatch it up? We are all in awe (at least I am) and hereby pronounce you "cured of clutter."

It's almost November, so I should wait to post, but I wanted to say I am the proud owner of a new sewing machine, and I've been through all my old sewing supplies and pared them down to what's needed right now. I may never have to buy an item of clothing again--I can shop in my own closet and just cut things down. Poor QVC, no more trolling their "bargains."

I've now got a stash of household and personal and office supplies that contains only what I actually use, a routine in place for checking the inventory and replacing only what I need. I really don't have a craving for more jewelry or accessories. I don't need anything for my home--oh, besides bigger home improvement projects, but that's different.

So, what else will I buy in the coming year besides the occasional pair of shoes, or replacements things that wear out like underwear and dish towels? Maybe nothing! Maybe join a wine club! Maybe more ballet tickets! Organic meat! Gifts!

Kinda exciting.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor
On 10/31/2014 Beauty$Junkie said:

Oh, major accomplishment for me--I found a vintage D & B handbag for $3.50 at the thrift shop (when I drop off, of course, I have to look) that I carried around for the longest time, but I did leave without it. I told hubby when he got home and he was shocked, but I told him that I did not need that. Word for the day, Mindful.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor
On 10/31/2014 willdob3 said:

Happy Halloween & Last Day of October!

I had a good month. I used up several things, tossed one sample I realized I was never going to use, & I bought several drugstore items that I was out of or almost out of. Mascara, hairspray, eye cream, moisturizer for my face, etc. No unnecessary purchases.

I did start my fall clothes shopping. I bought a few basic things. None of the fun items yet. Those will be coming in November, I think. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} Someday I will stop losing weight & maintain my size... That is going to be interesting. I've been dropping sizes so long that I don't remember what it is like to have lots of clothes that fit.

I do think I will be making one completely unnecessary beauty purchase in a week or two. I believe I will treat myself to the BE November TS - on AD. I think I will use all the things in the kit.

It has been 2 years since I bought a BE kit. I haven't been buying other kits or lots of shadows/blushes at the local stores, either. I really enjoy & use my little collection of shadows. I'm always trying different combinations.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Valued Contributor

Ladies, I cannot tell you the discussion I had with 'self' at the store (I probably looked like a shoplifter),even persisting into the parking lot. I finally put it prominently back on the hook, so I hope someone that needs it can have a nice bag. I have a stash of everything, bags included. I keep telling myself that they will still have good deals in the future. Good deals are what got me into this to begin with. I did order a sweater this morning, but I think that should be all for this winter. I also did pick up a eyeliner on sale at Walgreens. Thank you, ladies for all your kind words. As I reread the October posts, it has really been a great month and we have done so well--congrats to all of you for your progress. Ready to start November.

Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor
On 10/31/2014 Beauty$Junkie said:

Oh, major accomplishment for me--I found a vintage D & B handbag for $3.50 at the thrift shop (when I drop off, of course, I have to look) that I carried around for the longest time, but I did leave without it. I told hubby when he got home and he was shocked, but I told him that I did not need that. Word for the day, Mindful.

Great work. That definitely showed some self control. I am at a point now where I think about the item I want to buy, compare it to what I have or just donated/tossed and most times I leave things in the store. It has really helped to not bring in more stuff just for the sake of it or the good deal of the day. Decluttering has been a blessing in that way. And, yes, I, too, have that long mental debate in my head before I am able to leave things in the store. That is so funny.