Trusted Contributor

Re: Bought Some Awesome Products at Ulta!

I am one of those who can't tolerate the Bismuth - makes my skin itch like mad.  Mineral makeup isn't an option for me anymore however as it is way too drying for my dry skin - so bismuth or not, tis no longer an option.

Happy you found something that works so well for you.  It is always great fun to get new cosmetics that make you feel good.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

OK, since so many people have commented on this product and the formulation, I'm going to try to write out all the ingredients. Apparently, it is a new formula, because I couldn't find the ingredients on line. Here we go:

Active ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 17% w/w.

Inactive ingredients: Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Aqua, Ascorbic Acid (L), Bambusa Vulgaris Leaf Stem Extract, Bismuth Oxychloride, Boron Nitride, Butyrospremum Parkii (Shea Butter), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ceramide AP, Citric Acid, Dextrin, Ferulic Acid, Glucosamine HCL, Glutathione (L), Glycerin, Hydrated Silica, Iron Oxides (CL 77491), (CL 77492), (CL 77499), Lactic Acid (L), Lecithin, Magnesium Carbonate, Magnesium Silicate, Magnolia Officinalis Bark Extract, Maltrodextrin, Mannitol, Mica, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Retinol, Silica, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Gluconate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Thioctic Acid, Tocopherol Acetate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Skin, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Waltheria Indica Leaf Extract, Zinc Stearate

Whew!! Sounds really awful, but works great for me!

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

@HappyDaze,

That's interesting about the varying list of ingredients of Pur's foundation!  It's disturbing to me that they do thisWoman Indifferent. In the past, I remember reading the list on the package but after that I never gave it much thought because I never had a problem with it. Now that I know their ingredients are not consistent, I'm reconsidering other options.Woman Frustrated Thanks for letting us know.Woman Happy

@SilleeMee Yeah, I don't want to worry about checking the ingredients every time I order! That is one thing I don't like about Isomers skincare- she will change the formulas and not notify the customers about the changes. That is frustrating!  Anyway, I still may give this a try but will only do so in person so I can check the ingredients at the very time I order to make sure what it really has in it rather than order it from online and who knows what version I'd get! I like the ingredients in some of those I listed, lol, pretty nice ingredients! But 9% and 17% titanium dioxide, for example, is a big difference, although that doesn't matter too much to me since I don't rely on my foundation for sun protection.

ETA: oops forgot it contains bismuth which is the in the BM. I do get itchy using BM and perhaps it is that ingredient? Not sure.

Honored Contributor

@Brinklii wrote:

OK, since so many people have commented on this product and the formulation, I'm going to try to write out all the ingredients. Apparently, it is a new formula, because I couldn't find the ingredients on line. Here we go:

Inactive ingredients: Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Aqua, Ascorbic Acid (L), Bambusa Vulgaris Leaf Stem Extract, Bismuth Oxychloride, Boron Nitride, Butyrospremum Parkii (Shea Butter), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ceramide AP, Citric Acid, Dextrin, Ferulic Acid, Glucosamine HCL, Glutathione (L), Glycerin, Hydrated Silica, Iron Oxides (CL 77491), (CL 77492), (CL 77499), Lactic Acid (L), Lecithin, Magnesium Carbonate, Magnesium Silicate, Magnolia Officinalis Bark Extract, Maltrodextrin, Mannitol, Mica, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Retinol, Silica, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Gluconate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Thioctic Acid, Tocopherol Acetate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Skin, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Waltheria Indica Leaf Extract, Zinc Stearate

@Yardlie doesn't sound awful at all to me- there are some nice ingredients in that!

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Brinklii wrote:

@Yardlie doesn't sound awful at all to me- there are some nice ingredients in that!

@HappyDaze ... It's all those chemical sounding names that get me. There is even sweetener in this (mannitol and maltodextrin...lol)! However, I agree that the organic sounding extracts do sound soothing and nice.

It's too bad so many people apparently react to the Titanium Dioxide and the Bismuth Oxychloride, because the product goes on so nicely and just stays on all day...great coverage with the dabbing technique the gal at the store taught me!

This is by far the best mineral product I have used. I used to use Bare Escentuals, but I got tired of the messiness of the loose minerals. Maybe they have a pressed product too. I haven't checked. I know QVC carries the Laura Geller product, so I will be able to order that from them next time.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Trusted Contributor

@Yardlie Enjoy your purchases! It's always fun to find new items that you love.

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Honored Contributor

I actually have some pur minerals foundation in my bathroom cabinet because they used to sell pur minerals on evine. 

I remember the representative stating that the shelf life was unlimited because there's no water in the product but I'm just not a foundation wearer

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

I actually have some pur minerals foundation in my bathroom cabinet because they used to sell pur minerals on evine. 

I remember the representative stating that the shelf life was unlimited because there's no water in the product but I'm just not a foundation wearer

I remember seeing them on Evine too, it's too bad they are no longer on there. I remember the rep was really good and they had great prices.....I may have to go to Ulta and check them out again!I remember them having really pretty lipstick colors!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

PorcelRe: Bought Some Awesome Products at Ulta!

I have porcelain skin too and I have the worst time with blush colors. I use IT so I tried their radiance ombre blush in Je Ne Sais Quoi and hated it. It looked clownish on me even with lots of blending, and it doesn't blend very well. So maybe I should try this honeysuckle shade from Laura Gellar. I have pink undertones so I guess I should stick with more of a nude shade blush, I think that looks best on me.

I use Wet and Wild reserve your cabana bronzer as blush, have been using it for years and I love it. Found it from a beauty magazine. I use it all over my face when I feel really washed out and pale. It's never too much unless you pile it on.

I like the look of that Eve Pearl tsv but I think it is too pink for me.

"If you really want to shock the world unleash your kindness"